Ello you cheeky lil fings..

Alwight =D

Prospective 197/200 owner, thought I'd say hello. Got a '54 plate Punto Sporting that has served me well and still holds a special place in my heart but I'm ready to upgrade.

So uhm yea.. hey!

No offence mate but as nice as your car is I'd want to get one that's bog standard and personalise it to my own taste. More fun that way too!

So.. do I go for a 197 or a 200? Prefer the looks of the 197 tbh but seems 200's are worth the extra money?

After spending some time with a 200 recently all be it the cup version driving it etc I do not think the 200 is worth the extra monies . I would and may still buy a very late 197 08 plate etc.

Next do you know what spec you want ? cup or not ? Recaros ? Colour ?

There loads of nice ones on autotrader mate .

Another upside it will better in pretty much everyway than the punto ;-)

While I think the 197 is a better looking car, if didn't have a 197 and was looking to buy I'd be going for a cupped 200. There's lots of things that are just a little but better.

Do it's substance, or style IMO :wink:

oh and welcome to the site :smile:

Well that's the thing. It seems 200's have higher torque lower down, slightly better fuel economy and slightly better quality interior materials, but the front on the 197 is sexier.

It'd probably be a 197 F1 in Racing or Alibi Blue or if it's a 200 same colours but not the cup edition if I can find one with Recaros. LY is a bit too flash for me, black and white show dirt too much too soon, and on the 200's that nasty green car shouldn't be allowed near any car, ever.. in my opinion :wink:

I'm biased as I have a 197. But for the £5-6k you'll save by buying one over a 200 I'd say go for it. You will not be dissapointed either way!!! :wink:

Welcome to the site by the way!!! :smile:

Was meant to go and test drive a nice little RB 197 with very low mileage today but my local Renault dealer has been **** in getting back to me even though I've pestered them 3 times.

Obviously don't want my custom.

What's the deal with the early models? Incorrectly timed engines and things like that? Was it all corrected for 58 plates?