Door Lock Button Fail

Is this a common thing? Never been any bother at all, 'til I just moved the car for a colleague.

It absolutely refused to lock the car. Had to use the passenger side in the end.

I've got 10 days warranty left so it needs to go in! (also might need a new window regulator) :s

been a few fail !

i had the optical sensor fail - but out of warranty - did it myself - not a diy job for those not mechanically minded:bat:

Aye. All totally normal. Just thankful it's within warranty. I just dread having to deal with dealerships as in most cases I've ended up having to call RUK CS to get things done under warranty!

It's working again this morning.

POS.

That's 2 intermittent faults then, the other being the window regulator.

Can guarantee they'll break for good once the warranty has expired.

Mine has been tempramental as well. Sensor doesnt work one minute. Unlock manually with the key. Then it will work off the sensor the next time.

Had this problem tonight on the driver side button, but when I tried the passenger side and the boot they wouldn't lock the car either! Had to use the key card. Tried it 1/2 hour later and working again. If it goes completely will it be expensive to sort?

I've been having this problem as well.

The drivers side some times works but some times doesn't. can you swap the sensors over?

Thanks
James

Mines stopped working this week, passenger side locks fine and both doors unlock fine.

Anyone got a guide to replace the button?

Update:

Went in last week to be fixed under warranty. They replaced the lock. It's still hardly ever working.

Would I be right in thinking it's not a lock problem but a door handle/button problem? I've not seen how the button operates the lock myself but it feels like something's maybe worn away with use and it's that that's causing the issue.

Anyone ever looked into it themselves? I'm taking it back next Tuesday for a quick while-u-wait appointment to try and determine what's wrong. Any useful ammo would be much appreciated.