Drivers exterior door handle lock button not working

hi guys, was wondering if there is a fix for this, my drivers exterior door handle lock button doesn’t work but the passenger side one does. The sensors work for the keyless unlocking but the lock button works only on the passenger handle.can the buttons be bought separately or is it a complete handle unit. Thanks

Common problem, whole handle replacement is probably easiest. Not much point unless Renault have redesigned the button assembly, which I’m not sure they have but stand to be corrected.

If you become a member there is some information on the door handle in the how to section you get access when you become a member it's about £5. I've seen a tool for the megane to remove the door handle without striping the door cards off I've replaced a handle before the button is gel sealed not much point messing with it I think they are about £50 but check everything else first the dealer Renault clip can tell if the button is pressed or if there is no wireless key signal etc. Make sure the key is next to the door and not shielded buy a mobile phone in the same pocket. If the handle is in good shape I think there is a cheaper unpainted one you can get £38 and swap the internals over the pictures are in the how to section of my handle taken apart the other thing you can do is swap the door handles over the top face can look shabby if you swap them over the bottom will be at the top and look fresher.

jl16v, did you manage to get this sorted? I'm having the same issue!
Yes bud, I read somewhere else about spraying Wd-40 round the button to drive moisture out from the contact and tried it on mine and so far it’s cured the problem thankfully.

Yes bud, I read somewhere else about spraying Wd-40 round the button to drive moisture out from the contact and tried it on mine and so far it’s cured the problem thankfully.
Thanks for that! I'll give it a try and see if there is any improvement.

Thanks Jl16v, I've just WD40'ed it and it seems to have improved! Will keep doing it for the next few days to make sure its coated.

I had this on the wife's 200 and bought the replacement Renault switches. It was a fiddle taking the door cards and handles off, but I took it to work and swapped the switch over, using some 2 part rubber to seal the switch back in.
The switch now works like new.
I've just bought our 197 back from a neighbour and ordered 6 switches from Poland (the only place I could get them from and I ordered 6 due to the postage costs).
Typically, the switches are ok!