does the liquid yellow front bumper look a slightly diff colour?

iv recently put a deposit on a clio f1 with only 14k miles on it im piking it up in 2 weeks so took a pik on my phone when i was there, looking at it now the bumper looks a slightly different colour could it be colour and the light or is it a respray?

ill try and get the pik but thaw t is ask people with them to put my sleepless mind at rest lol

thanks

i think you will find that with most renaults, my albi blue is exactly the same both front and rear are slightly darker...

They are all different shades when parked next to each other so it could be a respray but normally it is very hard to tell.

But at the same time with the paint being pearlescent it reflects very differently at different angles so it is quite probably nothing to worry about...

Get a pic up and it might be easier.

i believe the bumpers are sprayed at a different time to the body so its never going to be the same batch of paint, and with the body being metal and the bumpers plastic it can throw the colour out. Alot of cars are affected by this. Although I heard the LY wasn't because its the only one sprayed at the alpine factory??? maybe someone can fill in the gaps.

Ive heard Its something to do with the Absorbtion rate of the materials ie metal and plastic, thats what a friend with a green Focus RS got told by a sprayer anyway.

All sprayed at the alpine factory,mine looks the same.Here is mine.Under arificial lights the shades can change.
DSC00332.jpg
You need to look at it in sunlight as it reflects and looks other shades when viewed in dull /cloudy weather.
DSC00338.jpg

Last edited:
I think it's all because of different materials too. My ultra red looks a slightly different colour on the plastic bits to the metal.

my albi is the same, in some lights the plastics look really different to the metals and other times it looks perfect :001_rolleyes:

^^^mines the same as well. I cant notice anything. Mines had a new bumper and the job was spot on. Even the spoiler which was added on is difficult to tell the difference! The pearl can make it look different but not really off colour.

^^^mines the same as well. I cant notice anything. Mines had a new bumper and the job was spot on. Even the spoiler which was added on is difficult to tell the difference! The pearl can make it look different but not really off colour.

Oh believe me they can make it look off colour. You should have seen the mess Renault Leicester made of the rear bumper on our first R27:swear: