Does the 200 come with a jack?

Just got my 200 ff on sat and ive noticed theres no jack. There's a space for one in the boot next to the towing eye and stuff but when i called the garage he said he'd contacted renault and the car doesnt come with one. Is this right?

I was always led to beleive that if you have the Cup chassis fitted you dont get a jack

i have one with my 197 and i dont have the cup chassis

My one didn't (but I asked for one nicely at the time of buying and got it to fill the hole).

Mine is a 200 Cup.

Yes with the 200 sport, no if it has the cup chassis as the jack is not approved. It's to do with the stiffness and it might lift the rear up (or something along those lines)

:bat:
Yes with the 200 sport, no if it has the cup chassis as the jack is not approved. It's to do with the stiffness and it might lift the rear up (or something along those lines)

that is such a lame excuse from renault :whatever:

Ask Daz :wink: lol

Hi M :wink:

Yes the 200 with Cup chassis doesn't come with a jack. I contacted RUK about this and their official line is that as the chassis is too stiff, it raises both wheels on the side being jacked up, and thus they fear the car will topple off the jack...

I however, have a jack in mine :wink:

Oh and black centre caps :headphone:

My FF 197 lifts the rear wheel off the ground when the front wheel reaches about 1cm off the ground, when I use the front jacking point. Renault are making up stories again!

I hope never to have to use the foam they supply in lieu of a spare and jack! "Rub the bottle in your hands to warm before using" oh dear oh dear.

My 182 used to do it too Ben, and that came with a jack. As far as I'm aware, the 172 does it too...

Renault cutting costs IMO.

I wouldn't mind, but it leaves a void in the tool kit in the boot as they didn't revise the foam insert, so it looks like you've 'lost' the jack.

After seeing a mate rip a big hole in the side of his car with one of these jack's I'd personally never use one.

After seeing a mate rip a big hole in the side of his car with one of these jack's I'd personally never use one.

Surely that's user error? LOL

For the record, I never intend to use mine. I have more than enough bottle and trolley jacks to negate the need. I merely wanted one to fill the void in the tool kit :wink:

Surely that's user error? LOL

For the record, I never intend to use mine. I have more than enough bottle and trolley jacks to negate the need. I merely wanted one to fill the void in the tool kit :wink:

Car was on coilovers so was dead stiff and as it was getting raised both back wheels and the front wheel on the side the jack was on lifted then the the car 'fell off'. :thumbup:

This might sound stupid, but when I've had tyres changed before (not on my 200 cup yet), they used a jack. The car was off the ground on the standard pneumatic "fork lift", but they then jacked the car near a standard jack point. So how do they do it on a 200? (what am I missing?)