discs pads 197

hello is it normal for disc pads to be whorped sorry about spelling, after 43.500 miles high speed shake when braking,ok at low speed any ideas please,colin..

Warped discs isn't a problem with mileage but a problem that happens after a lot of high temperature use.

I would have expected you to get vibration at low speed as well as high speed, are you sure there is no vibration at low speed? The vibration would obviously be lower frequency as the wheels/discs aren't rotating as fast

You could well just have pad deposits all over the discs down to your driving style. Sitting with you foot on the brakes when they're hot, or over-cooking the pads so they melt.

This causes high spots, which causes judder.

Do they want replacing anyway, or are they quite new?

I'm in the same boat, feels ok at low speed (or very insignificant and no wobble at all when cruising), if it's the same I feel it most under light'ish braking from 50-60+mph. I can just about feel it when coming to a halt under low pressure as well, the slight feeling that the brakes are grabbing more at certain points of contact with the disc. I did it on mine after a few track days this year, and more specifically me being a numpty at the last one and not doing full cooling down laps (and it was wet so suspect they didn't cool evenly), sadly it's only on 5500 miles, ah well.

I've just ordered a set of Brembo HC discs from bremboshop online at £70 a pair delivered which I thought was reasonable - was a bit torn about going for an upgrade or not but basically thought the only worthwhile upgrade would be a two-piece kit and at 500 quid I can swap the standard discs a few times first, or at least this time I'll go standard and try to be more cautious on the in-laps and consider a full upgrade next time they do it.

Dont forget to put new pads in Rich

Those Brembo are an amzin price, they are the same as the reanult ones, just not painted and nearly half the cost. I fitted a set to the front of the 182 along with some DS2500's and they are been great so far :smile:

I would guess that price of £166 is for generic discs and not the brembo HC ones! It's not difficult at all to change the discs, just make sure you have a 12mm hex bit to take the calipers off

Discs RRp £82.54 each discounted £49.93 each
Pads RRp £108.59 discounted £59.72
Postage £9.40

Also you might need the brembo pins i can supply them aswell. i recommend you change them everytime as the can seize

These are genuine parts.

Karl
www.smcrenault.co.uk
01483 301009

Dont forget to put new pads in Rich

Those Brembo are an amzin price, they are the same as the reanult ones, just not painted and nearly half the cost. I fitted a set to the front of the 182 along with some DS2500's and they are been great so far :smile:

Yeah, I'm gonna put a set of DS2500's in I think based on various recommendations (Tweeks have them for £100+vat which I think seems reasonable). I did notice the discs weren't painted, not sure whether to dab a bit on myself or put up with some rust.

i had this issue as well, only at higher speeds, not in the low, had my wheels balanced just to check and turned out it was the cause... but upgrading your brakes is never a waste of money, DS2500 I heard good opinions about them,