Discs and pads

Its time to replace my rear discs and pads and was wondering what peoples thoughts were, should i just go for standard discs? And im able to get apex pads for cheap, has anybody had any experience with these or should i just go for standard pads?

Thanks

For the rear i would say that you only need standard pads as already mentioned above. The front calipers do alot more of the braking and if your going to spend money uprating pads, this is where it should be.

I'm a fan of the standard setup too, never had an issue with it. Decent fluid and braided hoses is all you need. :wink:

standard set up on them is spot on, I'd stick with that. The only pads Ive found better than OEM so far are DS2500's, and I have them on the 182 not the 197

I too find that the standard set up is good. Seems to me like people either love it or absolutely hate it. After Renault overhauled my brakes they felt a WHOLE WORLD better than before with new standard disks and pads.

Thanks for the advice guys gonna get the standard and order some HEL braided lines, what fluid would you recommend for them?

Thanks for the advice guys gonna get the standard and order some HEL braided lines, what fluid would you recommend for them?

I done this upgrade about a month ago. New standard pads, HEL braided lines and upgrated fluid.

I went for Motul RBF 600 dot4 fluid as a lot of folk on here recommended it.

You got a place to do it for you yet? If not then I'd recommend SWR in Stirling as they did mine.

HEL lines are great, they remove a lot of the spongey feel in the brakes pedal.
It's about the only mod I've done to the R27

Noddie how much did it cost to get someone to swap the lines and bleed the new system? I think I might need to do this before long.