Damaged water bottle :(

Hi Guys,

This evening I went to fill my water bottle in the engine bay with screen wash for the first time since I purchased the car (3month ago) as I knew it was low. It must go down quite far into the engine bay as you can't see the bottom of it. Here comes the funny part. lol.

I went to pour water&screen wash into the bottle next min I hear this slight dripping on the garage floor (nope I hadn't wet myself it was water from where I had poured it. I thought it probs the water that missed the container dripping off the components. So I filled it again to the brim, next min it just runs out and drips out of the bottom. I did have to smile despite it being frustrating. lol The garage is a tad flooded (managed to brush it up) but I think there must of a crack in the bottle. It's one of the cheaper parts of the engine I know but it looks hard to remove. Does anyone have any advice or tutorial how to remove it so I can fit a knew one or inspect it at least?

I find it hard to know how it's cracked because surely the under tray must protect the bottom of it from stones or debris

Cheers,

Chris :thumbup:

Looks like eBay or Twingogeeko for a price and Foxspeed for advise then mate

Are you sure it's ALL draining out and not just from the neck? It (the neck) does pull out of the main bottle section if I recall correctly so might be either just loose or a perished seal.

Well.... I just remember accidentally pulling mine out being the ham fisted fool I am.

Are you sure it's ALL draining out and not just from the neck? It (the neck) does pull out of the main bottle section if I recall correctly so might be either just loose or a perished seal.

Hi Mate,

The majority is draining out but when I look on the floor there is a lot but not as much as they should be so I wonder if the under tray has caught the rest of it instead. As you know the engine bay is very compact so it's hard to see. It's nothing major so I'll have a look better sometime next week.

I have lked on ebay and saw one for 2005-2008 model mk3 clio's for £30.

Cheers for ur advice though mate :smile:

...this is worth checking...I've pulled the neck out of mine by accident before.....I think you can get to the bottle by taking the inner arch out.....I have had a Golf before that had a leaky washer bottle.....turned out to be the seal around the pump....could be something similar.........

...this is worth checking...I've pulled the neck out of mine by accident before.....I think you can get to the bottle by taking the inner arch out.....I have had a Golf before that had a leaky washer bottle.....turned out to be the seal around the pump....could be something similar.........

Hi mate,

I have found the problem and sorted it out. :smile: I have Morty197 albi 197. I bought it off him a few months ago. He had HID's in and put a piece of foam against the neck of the bottle to protect it from hitting the ballast. However, this was at a slight angle. I took this off and the neck fits flush into the top of the bottle and no water is dripping out

Cheers for all your speedy responses and advice it's much appreciated.

:thumbup: