Rear disc ABS ring damaged

Elviic

Paid Member
Guys, bought rear discs, but the ABS rings are damaged on both (the rubber parts). Whether this would be from poor packaging or poor quality not too sure, but looks like poor packaging as they were rubbing against each other.

I have emailed the seller, but is this something easily changeable by myself or does it require specific tools?

Thanks

Attachments

• E7B3640B-00A4-4579-B4DF-2FDBB349E55C.jpeg
    E7B3640B-00A4-4579-B4DF-2FDBB349E55C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 38
if no luck transfer your old rings across you can get a little test card with metal filings in it if held over the sensor area the filings form over the magnetic sectors must be a common fault, but yous is damaged it looks like someone has with all the filings about and the damage to the sensor has changed the main bearing you see there are two different bearing sizes 30mm and 25mm internal diameter there is a picture of the abs ring for an APEC rear disc for a 197 yours might have different casting dimensions but will give you and idea of what your looking for, I have been burnt twice before with aftermarket rear discs with cheap bearings and wrong ABS setup that's why I will only buy genuine rear disc's now like all Renaultsport parts aftermarket gets confused with standard models always get the part number and cross reference that with aftermarket. Also picture of genuine bearing for size Clio 197 your bearing looks correct size and most places ask you to check the bearing position to the back when fitting so the ring does not make contact with the sensor.
1591008142737.png
1591009412413.png
1591009486426.png

Reactions: Elviic
Thanks guys. I have spoken to the seller (great communication) and they will send me a set of new discs out to me ASAP.

The Packaging was awful, there was no plastic cover over the rear ABS to protect, hence the damage. Only a sheet of cardboard and some bubble wrap separating the discs.

Yes, I have looked and easy to confuse normal MK3 and RS parts. So for future, you can just remove the ABS ring by Carefully tapping it with screwdriver and just replace with new one?

Reactions: suj
Yep exactly that, slowly and evenly prying it out and the new one slowly tapping on with a rubber mallet.

Do you get to keep the damaged discs? If so get the ABS ring and put them and you have another set of discs :smiley:

Nice one! I don’t know yet, they told me that they are sending out another set of discs but not yet asked to send old ones back.

if they ask, I’ll send them back No probs. if not, I’ll just try to put new ABS rings on them then!!

Reactions: suj
Haha yeah, the "grace period" of if they ask for them back or not, if not you've got your next set sorted for sake of £12 :smiley:

• Haha