cup suspension to kw v1s

Think West Renault (Thats his username btw) has just bought some from another member on here. Not sure if he's fitted them yet though.

There are others and I think the general consensus is that the ride is firmer but the overall handling is similar but looks better as they can obviously lower the car.

Hey!

I havent got experience with a 200 cup packed car but i did go from a 197 cup packed car to having KW V1's and they are a definite upgrade, they are firmer and the car feels more responsive. The ride is still good, but you do feel the bumps more. Tbh, it feels like your pretty much on rails.

You can still push down country roads, i find that the Clio has lost very little if any of the B road blast ability that it has also got on the cup pack suspension. Yet on smooth roads its alot better than it was before!

You should definitely go for it!

Any excuse so......

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

Just a couple of recent shots :wink:

I've just bought a set of these and having troubles fitting them.

First of all the 200 top mount is too small for the KW top cup, so I've had to order the 197 top mounts will fit nice and flush in the mount.

Secondly the diameter of the thread on the rear shock is too big to go through the 200 bushes. So I've ordered some 197 rear shocks and fingers crossed they'll be OK.

I've just bought a set of these and having troubles fitting them.

First of all the 200 top mount is too small for the KW top cup, so I've had to order the 197 top mounts will fit nice and flush in the mount.

Secondly the diameter of the thread on the rear shock is too big to go through the 200 bushes. So I've ordered some 197 rear shocks and fingers crossed they'll be OK.

Blimey! What a ballache...
Arent they meant to fit out of the box?

Blimey! What a ballache...
Arent they meant to fit out of the box?

Supposed to.....

I've read a lot of people on here say H&R springs and coilovers are the same fitment for 197 and 200, but in my experience so far this is not the case!

Will update more when we have them fitted (if it happens!)

sell them me if they dont :wink:

Typical how the only day I never checked this forum for coilovers is the day some come up local to me, and you beat me to them :worried: :worried:

Last edited:
This time of year it always play on my mind if I should lower or not...

I am even more tempted now that Demon Tweeks do finance! £250 down and £50 a month for a year on V1's is pretty good IMO.

Hey!

I havent got experience with a 200 cup packed car but i did go from a 197 cup packed car to having KW V1's and they are a definite upgrade, they are firmer and the car feels more responsive. The ride is still good, but you do feel the bumps more. Tbh, it feels like your pretty much on rails.

You can still push down country roads, i find that the Clio has lost very little if any of the B road blast ability that it has also got on the cup pack suspension. Yet on smooth roads its alot better than it was before!

You should definitely go for it!

Any excuse so......

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0852.jpg

Just a couple of recent shots :wink:

DanT, is the KW suspension at the rear on the lowest setting?

If not, how much lower can you go?

It's on it's lowest setting.

Could take the adjuster out which would then go a little lower probly another 15mm or get customs like when jase had his.

The thing to remember is that kw designed the kit like this for a reason, tdf recommended that we only went about 20-25mm anyway! Handles great tbh!

Supposed to.....

I've read a lot of people on here say H&R springs and coilovers are the same fitment for 197 and 200, but in my experience so far this is not the case!

Will update more when we have them fitted (if it happens!)

My H&R coilovers that i had on my 197 fitted to this 200 Cup no problems?

DSCF1452.jpg

p1030799x.jpg

Possibly

DSCF1612.jpg

DSCF1608.jpg

When I sold my 197 I sold him the H&R's and black speedlines. For me it looked better on the black wheels. He sold the car to Steve @ Rsportcars, its currently for sale :smile: