200 Cup Suspension Bottoms Out

jasonlovesfrench

Paid Member
Is it me or does the cup suspension bottom out on bumps fairly easily? I don’t recall my 197 doing this - our roads are pretty dreadful admittedly but I feel it’s far to easy to get the car to do that familiar bottom out clunk. I’m confident nothing is broken it’s only been installed recently. Thoughts?

Cup suspension is horrendous on anything other than flat roads. I can't get my coilovers on quickly enough.

Reactions: Beany
If I didn't plan on tracking my 200 I'd switch to 'full fat' dampers and have custom springs made with 'full fat' spring rates but 30mm lower. My old 197 was brilliant on back roads on standard suspension but just sat too high for me. My 200 on cup suspension is very nearly undrivable on back roads when pushing on.

Reactions: Big Ben
If I didn't plan on tracking my 200 I'd switch to 'full fat' dampers and have custom springs made with 'full fat' spring rates but 30mm lower. My old 197 was brilliant on back roads on standard suspension but just sat too high for me. My 200 on cup suspension is very nearly undrivable on back roads when pushing on.

Non-cup dampers + eibach springs here, way better than the terrible cup setup on the R27 I had before! Night and day difference on country lanes and daily driving.

Reactions: Sean197
Non-cup dampers + eibach springs here, way better than the terrible cup setup on the R27 I had before! Night and day difference on country lanes and daily driving.
Interesting, even though technically you’re using part of the damper it’s not designed to use?

Interesting, even though technically you’re using part of the damper it’s not designed to use?

The Eibachs were designed to work with the standard dampers, you have a range and this works in that range, of course a properly designed damper and spring setup is the ideal, but I've had these 3 years and I would pick them every day over H&Rs on any damper or cup springs and dampers.