Cup Speedline rims size and weight

could anyone hazard a guess of how much fitting 7kg wheels would take off your 0-60 times?? noticable or not?

If you go for 7kg each, then you're saving 3kg on each rim since OEM rim is 10kg... so you're saving 12kgs in total mate!!!

Perhaps "grrr" can rework on his calculations :rolleyes:

Actually your wrong. Regarding influence of unsprung weight on acceleration, the thumb rule is, rouhgly, to multiply it with 4 to see what it would be in sprung weight... Have no sources at the moment, but practice shows...

Last edited:
Actually your wrong. Regarding influence of unsprung weight on acceleration the thumb rule is rouhgly to multipy it by 4 to see what it would be in sprung weight... Have no sources at the moment, but practice shows...

You mean to say that the saved weight into 4?

Say we saved 12kgs by 4 then we're talking ABOUT 48 kgs removed from total car weight? Am I right or missing it?

thats right but obviously you havent really lost 48kgs. All it means is every kg lost off the wheels etc is the equivalent to saving 4 off the shell. Actually the unsprung weight ratio varies car to car based on suspension setup and mounting points etc. 4 is an underestimation if anything.

That was a very value information for me, thank you guys. 8)

Mr. barnes, we're all on fire waiting for your wheels pictures on the albi ablue, don't make us wait more mate! :001_rolleyes:

Yeap, if you go for the same size, 7.5x17 while tyres are 215x45x17

They would fit on 8x17 (My target) as well but they might be stretched which why I'm going to fit 225x45x17 or 225x40x17 on the new wheels.

This is what I know, hope the guys might give us better points.

Yeap, if you go for the same size, 7.5x17 while tyres are 215x45x17

They would fit on 8x17 (My target) as well but they might be stretched which why I'm going to fit 225x45x17 or 225x40x17 on the new wheels.

This is what I know, hope the guys might give us better points.

just to clarify if we are buying aftermarket alloys we are going for 7.5 x 17 or 8 x 17. or does it matter? cheers guys

mine are 8 inch wide. The wider the better within reason as you can fit a wider tyre and thats extra grip. I plan on fitting my current tyres to my 8inch wheels for the time being and then move up to a048s when the current tyres wear out.

Extra width can also mean extra track which is good. The r26r has a 4mm wider track than standard r26 because it has higher offset wheels.

mine are 8 inch wide. The wider the better within reason as you can fit a wider tyre and thats extra grip. I plan on fitting my current tyres to my 8inch wheels for the time being and then move up to a048s when the current tyres wear out.

Extra width can also mean extra track which is good. The r26r has a 4mm wider track than standard r26 because it has higher offset wheels.

so either 7.5 or 8 will fit?

http://www.ozracing.com/at-team/wheels/racing/ultraleggera/en

so if i was to buy those i could only go for 7.5 or 8 tht right?

and the standard wheel size for the 197 is 7.5 by 17? so my tyres could swap straigght over if the oz alloys wer the same?

Last edited:
i have the 8s and the standard tyres will fit. only issue is a bit more stretch, and look how much the spokes stick out on my pics. a wider tyre would be adviseable but not essential.

i would go for the 8 inch et55 model. gives great stance and will allow for a wider tyre in the future.

these are going on mine eventually:

a048r.jpg