Cup Speedline rims size and weight

Hello mates,

I contacted my local dealer for the speed line cup rims, black to be used on LY R27

According to my dealer, size is 17x7.5 and weight is 6Kg each.

OEM gray rims which i currently have are 17x7.5 and 10Kg each.

I believe that 4Kg drop on each rim will make a massive positive response on first 3 gears!! Any ideas?

And I want to confirm the information which I got from them, are they really 17x7.5 with 6Kg each? As far I know, I read it somewhere but not sure, they should be 17x8 with 9Kg each!! Confirm please.

Would black look much better than white on LY? I'm more into black :rolleyes:

Does anyone got pictures for both?

Last edited:
The 7.5x17 Speedline is never ever gonna weigh 6 kg. Not in a thousand years. I seriously doubt it weighs any less then the OEM FF197 alloy at all. (10kg that is).

the speedline cup is the same size of standard.. 17"x7.5.. wights is very similar or a little less of the standard but 6kg is a mistake! i think or 9.5 or 10kg!

I didn't believe that each rim will weight 6Kg either, I thought its 9Kg or above but for sure less than 10Kgs

I asked them to email me the spec print page, I will post here as soon I get it...

Regarding the size, I'm lost!! Have a look at this link:
http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/cliocup/specification/technicaldata/Default.aspx

Speedline 8" x 17" one-piece aluminium/magnesium alloy wheels (From the above link)

Magnesium is very light!! The Q is, are those a new speedlines with same shape? or same old set from 197? hmm...

As far as I know there are ONE set of speedlines for the cup with 2 colors!!

Anyway, I can do something which is ordering the rims by my dealer and the qoute will have 17x7.5 with 6Kg each (According to them) and once they reach I can simply reject them as they don't match thier qoute!

Can anyone check with his dealer please?

I would be really happy if I can get them with 17x8 with 6 Kg!!

no trigger! the cup that use Clio Cup is not the same of "our" cup! don't fit! and them is in magnesium! Very light....:tongue_smilie:

But don't fit!!

maybe the magnesium ones are 6kg

if you want to sell your OEM gray wheels let me know

Hey Arun, been a while mate :tongueout:

Lets see where will OUR dealer lead me this time, I'm running like crazy!!

Thier numbers and details never match what we always order :@!

They do fit as far I know, but are they different than normal speedlines?

We got 2 sizes now, 7.5x17 and 8x17

Someone confirm with source please :smile:

The 8J 17 magnesiuum fit 197's & 200's.

Believe part number is 8200616058, get Spinky to double check as he has my/kevs set:wink:

The 8J 17 magnesiuum fit 197's & 200's.

Believe part number is 8200616058, get Spinky to double check as he has my/kevs set:wink:

You made my day mate, or what left of it... LOL

Is this number for black or white?

I will give it to my dealer and see what he will come with...

Thanks again :thumbup:

my friend Frank from italy visited Dieppe factory 1mounth ago and he ask if this wheels fit on the street 197 and they reply that is no possible..

but if anyone show the opposite....

On the back of the wheel the stamped info has several numbers.
The standard wheels have an 'X' by 7.5J the magnesium ones have an 'X' by the 8J

Spinky has my old wheels so he will need to look on the back :smiley:

ring09050.jpg

You can see the metal inserts (rust) where the bolts go.

Powdercoated,
wheel45.jpg

Last edited:
On the back of the wheel the stamped info has several numbers.
The standard wheels have an 'X' by 7.5J the magnesium ones have an 'X' by the 8J

Spinky has my old wheels so he will need to look on the back :smiley:

You can see the metal inserts (rust) where the bolts go.

Powdercoated,

you have order this for 8j or 7.5j?

for me is a 7.5 steve!! you fit 205 r888!!! and 205 on 8j is for me don't possible!

Last edited:
These are the 8J magnesium cup racer wheels, i bought off Kev.
Spinky will get the part numbers you need as he bought them from me when i sold my Cup.