200: CUP and NON CUP Difference.

You can save 50KG by only putting 3 Gallons of fuel in. So if you buy a Cup and brim the tank then you'll then be around 4KG heavier than a FF with a third of a tank.

On a track car, or a race car, 46KG is a good chunk to save, no doubting that. But on a road car it's negligible I think, I certainly don't think a Cup would be night and day faster than a FF in a straight line nor would it brake noticeably better as a result either.

You can save 50KG by only putting 3 Gallons of fuel in. So if you buy a Cup and brim the tank then you'll then be around 4KG heavier than a FF with a third of a tank.

On a track car, or a race car, 46KG is a good chunk to save, no doubting that. But on a road car it's negligible I think, I certainly don't think a Cup would be night and day faster than a FF in a straight line nor would it brake noticeably better as a result either.

^^ this..... Full stop

That's twisted logic at it's very best IMO, lol!

So the generally consensus is buy a full fat with cup pack. To me 36kg's is the weight of 1/2 an average person and not to be laughed at. A dash without a shiney insert doesn't make alot of difference.

What's odd though is second-hand values seem to be exactly the same between cup and full fat cups.

FF with Cup ticks every box. You have all of the toys and luxuries and the more hardcore chassis setup without losing anything in terms of cabin niceness etc..

It's not the shininess, the Cup centre console without Climate Control looks utterly w@nk.

If the values are near enough the same then does it not make sense to get as much as you can for your money and get one that's fully loaded? :smile:

Meg' 230 prices are very good at the moment too, so depending on how long you plan to keep the car and what you plan on doing to it then that night be an option worth considering over a Meg' 250. More money in your pocket to spend on goodies then if you're that way inclined.

Wouldnt the world be a boring place if we all agreed all the time
If you can't be civil when you talk to other people don't bother difference of a opinion is good pi$$ing people of stops or I will :bat: someone

FF with Cup ticks every box. You have all of the toys and luxuries and the more hardcore chassis setup without losing anything in terms of cabin niceness etc..

It's not the shininess, the Cup centre console without Climate Control looks utterly w@nk.

If the values are near enough the same then does it not make sense to get as much as you can for your money and get one that's fully loaded? :smile:

Meg' 230 prices are very good at the moment too, so depending on how long you plan to keep the car and what you plan on doing to it then that night be an option worth considering over a Meg' 250. More money in your pocket to spend on goodies then if you're that way inclined.

Been there and done that with the "goodies" lol, the only goodies my clio would be getting is a more focused geo, pads and lines then just drive it.

Megane 230's 100% aren't my cup of tea, wouldn't ever consider one. The Megane 250's are about 5k+ more expensive than the clio and I just wonder how much more fun they would actually be. An LSD would be nice for sure though!

You could stick a Diff' in the Clio and still be ~£3000 in your pocket over a Meg' 250. :wink:

There's a few people on here who've done it and everyone of them has only good things to say. I can't say I've noticed the Clio struggling for grip much but I'd like to do it myself eventually once she goes more hardcore. Have you had a go in a 197/200 yet?

You could stick a Diff' in the Clio and still be ~£3000 in your pocket over a Meg' 250. :wink:

There's a few people on here who've done it and everyone of them has only good things to say. I can't say I've noticed the Clio struggling for grip much but I'd like to do it myself eventually once she goes more hardcore. Have you had a go in a 197/200 yet?

Yep had a go in one, coming from a car with 300bhp it felt underpowered. Although have been out in A2ON's at donington park and was reasonably impressed (untill he spun it, lol)!

You would notice the difference of an LSD in terms of cornering grip!

Yeah I've had cars with them before but none of them were as good out of the box as the Clio. I'm inclined to do it eventually though as I can always sell the 'box on again if I'm not impressed or don't feel value for money.

They're an odd engine the F4R, if you keep them on the boil then you'll keep up with most things to be honest. Obviously if you've come from something FI then you'll notice the lack of low down grunt but that's not what this engine is about. Built to be thrashed. :smile:

Yeah I've had cars with them before but none of them were as good out of the box as the Clio. I'm inclined to do it eventually though as I can always sell the 'box on again if I'm not impressed or don't feel value for money.

They're an odd engine the F4R, if you keep them on the boil then you'll keep up with most things to be honest. Obviously if you've come from something FI then you'll notice the lack of low down grunt but that's not what this engine is about. Built to be thrashed. :smile:

Having owned a Civic Type R before I don't think it's all about power although it's nice to have some low down torque.

I love my cup, i love my cheap dash and my plain plastic door strips.

It's not hardcore 'hardcore' but it's more hardcore than an FF.

Renault aimed this at the trackdayer so thats what i wanted.

I love my cup, i love my cheap dash and my plain plastic door strips.

It's not hardcore 'hardcore' but it's more hardcore than an FF.

Renault aimed this at the trackdayer so thats what i wanted.

Ditto
I specifically wanted a cup with recaros. Nothing else, as i wanted it as light as possible.
And if i get hot, i just open the windows! 8)

Ditto
I specifically wanted a cup with recaros. Nothing else, as i wanted it as light as possible.
And if i get hot, i just open the windows! 8)

I'm in the same boat, though, tbh it was Emma that wanted the Cup. She wasnt a fan of the push start button for some reason (Only she knows why in her freaky little ways).

But once we got it and we decided to keep it for a long time (Hopefully until it dies) I realised that the Cup is the best option for us. Means a lot less work to lighten her when she becomes a dedicated track car.