200: CUP and NON CUP Difference.

A2ON

Platinum Member
A friend of mine if buying a 200 for our upcoming Nurburgring and Spa trip in July this year and he is wanting to know EVERY difference between a cup and a non cup

Think his choice will be with Cup pack regardless so FF cup vs Boggo CUP
Info and pics would be great please .

Ps the trip is two weeks away so a speedy reply would be welcome.

Arron

FF with cup pack has extra:

Air Con (optional on basic cup)
Body coloured door mouldings
Electric mirrors
Keyless entry
Start button
Auto lights
Auto wipers

I'm sure there are a few more bits but someone will add to the list

I thought the cup did not have an adjustable steering wheel and a quicker steering rack ?

Thanks for putting the thread up, I'm the one who's looking at clio 200's and also megane 250's. The car will be used for nurburgring/spa, trackdays etc. It's also going to be my daily drive.

I like the idea of the cup thanks to the weight saving, however from reading reviews the steering wheel being non adjustable for rake is quite off putting as I normally pull the steering wheel out as far as it will go. Air con and other mod cons have little interest to me.

If anyone has swapped either way from a 250 to 200 or vice versa I would be very interested to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

Weight saving is minimal. A decent sh!t, shave and a haircut will save a couple of KG... As would wearing shorts instead of jeans depending on what size jean you are and what quality of denim. But I digress...

Cup has quicker rack.
Cup is approx 7mm lower.
Cup has heavier Speedlines.
Cup is approx 20% stiffer (springs).
Cup is approx 15% stiffer (dampers).

FF has more "luxuries".
FF has better looking dash.
FF can be spec' with Cup chassis for best of both worlds.

Cup is cheaper, generally, but you do get less kit for the money.

Weight saving is minimal. A decent sh!t, shave and a haircut will save a couple of KG... As would wearing shorts instead of jeans depending on what size jean you are and what quality of denim. But I digress...

Cup has quicker rack.
Cup is approx 7mm lower.
Cup has heavier Speedlines.
Cup is approx 20% stiffer (springs).
Cup is approx 15% stiffer (dampers).

FF has more "luxuries".
FF has better looking dash.
FF can be spec' with Cup chassis for best of both worlds.

Cup is cheaper, generally, but you do get less kit for the money.

Are the twin 5 spoke wheels not of of a cup ?

I like the idea of the cup thanks to the weight saving, however from reading reviews the steering wheel being non adjustable for rake is quite off putting as I normally pull the steering wheel out as far as it will go.

Thanks

Why are you 83 or do you drive with your teeth

Sarcasm for sarcasm dont you just love it....

Yeah they are but most seem to spec' up to the Speedlines going off what I see on here so more than likely any used car will have them on instead of the split fives.

Last edited:
I'm not sure to be honest. There's been a few threads one here with wheel weights on but I can't remember figures off the top of my head. I just remember the Speedlines being particularly heavy.

Unless you are 9stone wet through I wouldn't bother buying a cup to save weight i'd get down tesco and buy all the slim fast...

If i were in the same situation i would go for the FF with cup packs, as its going to be your daily you will want to sit some where nice when in traffic and on a hot day you will suffer without AC, the poverty spec interior in the cup would irritate me, for the sake of 40 odd kilos i dont think you will notice the difference on track

IMO

46KGS is a huge weight saving. Having done some work on race cars and indeed many track cars to strip out 46kgs is massive especially keeping it still looking like a car inside :smile: No grinder action etc etc

However , one agrees that 46KGS on track in a car that weighs 1200kgs may not be as noticeable than one already stipped weighing 1050KGS etc