Craig's Black Clio 197 | More AD08's!!!! SAMCO hose kit fitted :)

Service Time

Haven't updated this for a while!!

Time has come for the big service as it is 5 years old in September!! Bought some things off Karl the other day, super fast delivery of him!

293054f2.jpg

Consisting of;

Spark Plugs
Oil filter and Seal
Compartment Filter
6L of Oil

Don't need a Air filter as I have an ITG panel, so will just need a clean.

Ringing around to get the above fitted along with cambelt done! Expensive!

Would like the book stamped so want it all done by a garage really!

After this is out of the way then brakes will be on the agenda, still stops ok, but the pedal doesn't feel as sharp! Hubs don't look the best either if I'm honest! A standard disc, maybe an uprated pad with some braided lines. Any recommendations would be great!

Also removed the Vinyl strips of the doors today, looks loads better IMO!

Before;

1b756654.jpg

After;

23b1b323.jpg

Cheers

Was it easy to remove? It does look better, wouldn't mind doing that myself.

Was it easy to remove? It does look better, wouldn't mind doing that myself.

Yeah very easy dude!! well the driver side was anyway as it was in the sun all day.

I had to get the hair drier on the passenger. Looks better than the faded grey!

Only downside is that the pillar gets finger prints on it easy now, but I'm trying to get out of the habit of shutting the door by there, and using the handle.

Couple new photos I took today, after a clean.

Wash
Clay
Wash
Dry
Fresh coat of Purple Haze Pro

be5999f1.jpg

2f9627a7.jpg

Have got more photos, but not worked how to blank my plate out yet on photo bucket as they have changed there editing system for some stupid reason!

Car looks superb.

I actually prefer the vinyls tbh. Though on black they dont make that much difference. On the brighter colours it needs them imo.

Car looks superb.

I actually prefer the vinyls tbh. Though on black they dont make that much difference. On the brighter colours it needs them imo.

Mine were a faded grey so looked really tatty anyway. I won't be putting new ones on haha

Performed a service today with the stuff that I bought from Karl!

Changed the;

Spark Plugs
Cabin/Compartment Filter
Oil Filter
Oil Change

First time I've (with the help of WelshTom1990 and his gramps driveway) done a service on any of my cars, so time was took following guides on here on each part we did! A great help!!

Couldn't of gone any smoother really, apart from getting the old oil filter off, which I'm sure was not, hand tight. So a 'different' method was used, and this was the result;

84b27e05.jpg
Craig and Tom 1-0 Oil Filter

These where the Spark Plugs that we took out;

ab904f3c.jpg
Apologies for the hand in the background. Tom.

And this was the Compartment Filter, that we was quite shocked about really, on the state of it;

6a45dd0e.jpg

And there we have it. Car was running really smooth after it! Got to get the cambelt done soon aswell. So going to buy a kit of Karl, and ring around on some quotes to get it all fitted.

nearly did same as me yesterday apart from plugs

but got the filter off without brute force...

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Red Baguette Clio 197 Area 3
197JST Clios For Sale 25
Christian J New Members 0
C Projects/Progress Threads 14
Craig_B Gallery 20