Coilover advice

Hey guys, just a quickie really, im looking to get myself some coileys for the 197. I had KW coileys on my old 172 and they were really good because they had adjustable dampeners. Im looking at quite a low ride so i expect its going to be quite bumpy, I have around £700-800 to spend...

What do you think is the best option/brand for me and my price range?

Thanks in advance..

Dan

Well there are only 4 readily available options I believe - KW V1 and V3, H&R and Spax.

I've only driven a car with V1's one and it's superb, but I don't think you can adjust the dampening, only the ride height. Only the V1's and Spax are within your budget...

If you are ever up this way, my mate will take you out in his 197 and you will want some :wink:

U won't get damper adjustable KWs for that budget, try more like £1200. ktec sell very good H&R coilovers for that price, I'd go for them

Have you got any pictures of your mates ride height?

Well there are only 4 readily available options I believe - KW V1 and V3, H&R and Spax.

I've only driven a car with V1's one and it's superb, but I don't think you can adjust the dampening, only the ride height. Only the V1's and Spax are within your budget...

If you are ever up this way, my mate will take you out in his 197 and you will want some :wink:

Have you got any pictures of your friends ride height?

They are on the lowest setting, but sit higher at the back than the front, which is the same stance as the original suspension, but lower - presumably being 'flat' would have an adverse effect on the handling

I think i remember ste from cliosport.net if im thinking of the same lad, his name was ste and he had a flamer 172 with black turinis?

Thanks for all your help russ

Ahh right not the same guy then. Is there a recommended place to get them from? or direct from KW? Any club discount?

The KW's are a softer coilover compared to the H&R thanks to some research done by m.barnes

I cant remember the exact numbers but I'm sure he will let you know if you PM him.