Clubsport 250 Cup

Looks good Nathe. Flat through craners?
Amazing how much more speed you carry into braking zones with a boosted RS. I think it adds to the drama of a lap personally as you can get yourself into a lot more trouble whereas with the n/a Clio I felt you could just turn the wheel and somehow you’d get it round the corner no matter what!!

• Haha
Reactions: RSRowe and Beany
Looks good Nathe. Flat through craners?
Amazing how much more speed you carry into braking zones with a boosted RS. I think it adds to the drama of a lap personally as you can get yourself into a lot more trouble whereas with the n/a Clio I felt you could just turn the wheel and somehow you’d get it round the corner no matter what!!
I did it flat once, but it put me in completely the wrong place for the following corner.
Car was moving around loads, and you can see it on the corner exit where he’s just waiting for me to move out his way.

Hopefully I’ll be able to redeem myself at the next day.

Reactions: Big Ben
I did it flat once, but it put me in completely the wrong place for the following corner.
Car was moving around loads, and you can see it on the corner exit where he’s just waiting for me to move out his way.

Hopefully I’ll be able to redeem myself at the next day.
Yeah few bits to sort but overall you happy so far?

following with interest! looks mega, and obviously the best colour.
haha cheers Jimmy!
The colour wasn't my first choice to be honest, as it's only the regular yellow. Unfortunately LY would be a substantial amount of money on top, as I believe it was only the Trophy's which were LY on the 250's.

B087AFD5-F5FB-4D3D-83C1-9B031510A8F8.jpeg

25EF3E1E-0A1C-46A0-8EB5-4B9D32466CC8.jpeg

Trip up to EFI to make sure the maps ‘safe’.

Bit of a booking cock up, as I was originally meant to be on the dyno at 5, but had to wait for the guys before who’d come down from Durham. Oh well, these things happen!

Chris was fairly happy with the map. Fuel is ok, but quite a lot of timing down low which was verging on knock. A bunch of torque missing in the mid range, and a boost request more than the standard turbo would ever do…. So I’ve got it booked in for next week for one of his maps.

Looking forward to a comparison graph

Who mapped it before, do you know?

No idea. Chris said it didn’t appear to be Ktec or RST as there’s usually a bit of an indication on the file.

The original advert said it was ‘stage 2’ mapped, and 330bhp/350nm. Tis probably just a generic flash.
It would be ok to use on track, but I just feel alot more comfortable running one of Chris’s.

Not too much of an interesting update, but Chris tuned the car for me yesterday.
Was quiet there for once, so had a really good chat with him.

954F9ECA-DF50-47D7-A889-3A595E480EB1.jpeg

50F4D778-04EC-4076-A675-CA353552F135.jpeg

The previous map was ‘safe’, but also missing a fair chunk of torque throughout the mid range.
As you can see, there’s a bit of a difference lower down, but this is more down to how Chris makes them smoother lower down.

The collection of parts is adding up too…. Just need a weekend where the misses gives me permission to do it.

Still haven’t done any actual work on this since the last post, but did get my new Protracks fitted.
Currently clad with worn 255 Direzzas, but I’ve a new set of 245 A052’s to go on.

Need to get some more camber in it in an attempt to get the tyres to clear the arches.

2C129C99-6E28-4A90-BE96-467DE2CE060B.jpeg

9FB1784D-73D0-43A1-A8F8-B7E059C73490.jpeg

4F6B7DED-9DCC-4955-AD4F-C986F63D47D2.jpeg

Interested to see how you find the AO52’s as every one seems to rave about them, had 48’s on the saxo and I was impressed, very different to AR1.

Reactions: EthanMenace
So I always intend to take loads of pics when I’m working on the car, but always just end up getting carried away and try to get the job done asap.

When I originally bought the car, it was actually beyond my budget, and I was kinda hoping to just jump in and not have to do any work on it (I never intended on doing any work on it at all). We’ve seen from the engine oil previously that it’s maybe not had the best of maintenance of recent. With that in mind, what originally started out as me needing 2 new driveshaft boots, has ended up with me replacing the driveshafts, discs, pads, callipers, and studs (old ones hadn’t even been installed with loctite - which does explain why the nuts were coming loose last time on track)

655CDC88-94F0-481D-A34A-C4338D123F90.jpeg

I could of just put the old stuff back together I guess, but I really want to do things right ready for the upcoming trip over to Germany.

The drivers side, I was greeted with the following:

F5A34FBB-B4BA-4223-960F-2890C1B36B7C.jpeg

547DAE27-1E16-4235-A2A2-C1FDD2366AFB.jpeg

Most of the dust boots were shagged, and I was getting some uneven pad wear as the pads weren’t sliding nicely. I really didn’t get on with the Pagid RSL29 pads at Donington, even though the BMW boys fully pipe them off. It’s also only £460 quid for new callipers, which I don’t think is too bad given the cost of a rebuild/refurb, and selling the old ones on.

32388F53-DEDF-44FB-A223-00F3384378F4.jpeg

I spent hours on Saturday trying to get the balljoint out of the hub on the passenger side. Every which way I could think of resulted in more frustration, and I actually managed to make my wrist snap - guessing it must be tendon related, but I think it’s a sign of my getting old. I gave up in the end and went home crying.

My old man nipped down Monday morning and this was the result:

13033C09-2260-4139-9EF0-960130CBED72.jpeg

He just loves making a dick out of me.

The missus let me have some time on the car finishing it off last night. She even had my tea done when I got in! Couldn’t believe it!

28CC192F-5A8E-486D-ABA8-D13327BAC1C5.jpeg

I’m heading up Croft at the weekend to see a few mates and go along to the RS Owners Ford day they have up there. I’m not actually booked on track, but will take my stuff just in case.

Just a tyre change and geo left to do now.