Clio swap - done it :-)

Finally done it bought a Focus ST-2 225 with with stage 1 running at 260

Will miss the handling of the clio as the focus does not feel as nimble and clio brakes were better + had cruise. I also prefered the driving position of the clio, but will prob find my comfort zome in a couple of days.

In the focus bends I used to take as certain speed does not feel as balanced as the clio and lots of tyre squeels in the focus..

Apart from that, the noise of that 2.5 duratec and how nice it pulls when the turbo kicks in, then there is the popping and burble of that exhaust without really trying which really does it for me.

Pleased with it and good compromise as its also a bit bigger for kids.

Only 2nd day and fuel consumption is better on average and easily hitting just over 30mpg doing 70 on the motorway..

will get some pics on at the weekend. cheers for info guys.

slightly off topic, anyone who read the aches I had with the dealer/clio would probably think I'm either the unluckiest guy or karma is out to get me. Car was in collection area and just before I collected, a range rover nudged it on the rear quarter and car will be going back at some point to have sorted.

Sounds good, need some pics.

So is that the Clio that was hit or your Focus?

Hope you enjoy it, but over 30mpg !!! Mine was worse than any Subaru I had around 20mpg on short journeys.

nope focus was hit.

clio is going to auction as they dont want the hassle lol

yeah will get some pics up this weekend. That 2.5 just sound awsome and the leather in the st3 is very nice.

Nice choice....didn't fancy a meg?

Did cross my mind but the 5 pot growl of the focus did it for me.

Finally got round to some pics.

Car still needs to go back for mop rear dent bumper scratch and 4 wheels refurp foc :smile:

Thinking of grey wheels for a change.

Miss the clio awesome brakes and go cart handling in comparisson at times but love the way the focus keeps me on my toes and the deep notes.

Last edited:
Only thing wrong for me is to much going on in the dash other wise really nice

I had a brand new one last year when i worked for Ford

Had a Mongoose 3" Turbo Back Exhaust on it and it was mental. used to spit flames on over-run

the 5pot growl is awesome.

only had it 11 weeks and got bored and brought my 200. lol