CLIO RS 16

Also got the running costs of a Nissan GTR too though which is not cheap!

Definitely not cheap, I was only reading somewhere the other day how much the running costs are.. It's mental. Was probably a bad example but for 40k there are endless possibilities in different cars.

Nissan GTR Costs:
£1200 - 2400 for tyres
£500 for complete fluid change, engine/tranny/diff's/filters
discs pads - budget at least 700/800 per corner

as per this thread http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/154746-annual-running-costs.html

Not quite true Adam.

Some insurers will now accept non standard tyres (Not the run flats they come with) so tyre prices are now greatly reduced as the choice has increased and the competition has thus reduced prices.

Motul do a gearbox oil suitable for the GTR now at around £23 a litre (And i believe a diff oil too) - so you don't have to pay £80 a litre for the Nissan supplied stuff.

Decent discs and pads can be had for around £300 a corner now. Again - the aftermarket effect.

My best friend has had one for a few years, my garage owner has one in his fleet.lol....... and he services quite a few of them too. So i do get to hear quite a few "stories" on these cars and their running costs.

Skyline on a budget [As my mate calls his) is still somewhat eye-watering mind.

Not quite true Adam.

Some insurers will now accept non standard tyres (Not the run flats they come with) so tyre prices are now greatly reduced as the choice has increased and the competition has thus reduced prices.

Motul do a gearbox oil suitable for the GTR now at around £23 a litre (And i believe a diff oil too) - so you don't have to pay £80 a litre for the Nissan supplied stuff.

Decent discs and pads can be had for around £300 a corner now. Again - the aftermarket effect.

My best friend has had one for a few years, my garage owner has one in his fleet.lol....... and he services quite a few of them too. So i do get to hear quite a few "stories" on these cars and their running costs.

Skyline on a budget [As my mate calls his) is still somewhat eye-watering mind.

So looks like a bit of shopping around and research can save you thousands if you own one of these.

God i would of hated to own one before all the reduced costs for aftermarket parts etc came out.

But as you say the costs can still be eye-watering!

Reactions: sevenfourate
So looks like a bit of shopping around and research can save you thousands if you own one of these.

God i would of hated to own one before all the reduced costs for aftermarket parts etc came out.

But as you say the costs can still be eye-watering!

Yeah it is madness considering my last service on the Clio - Oil (Shell helix ultra), Filter, Coolant (OEM), Front & Rear pads (Brembo) cost me about £150 - add a full set of Eagle F1 tyres and all in for £470, with my mileage they'll last me 2-3 years (Tyres) and just a general oil and filter change every year @ about £100.

But most people who can afford 40-50k on a car can afford the running costs too.

No real surprise, I was never convinced it would make production.
Renaultsport are chasing a different market these days.
Such a shame, would have loved one of these.

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
FB_IMG_1474724176297.jpg
No real surprise, I was never convinced it would make production.
Renaultsport are chasing a different market these days.
Such a shame, would have loved one of these.
I had a look at one at Spa In the summer it was gorgeous but it's was like the R26R a full fat track car but still an amazing car, I do hope in time Renault will reconsider in time build a few for us

Reactions: steve11 and Sean197