CLIO RS 16

The car is just brilliant, there isn't anything that I don't like about it. If it goes in to production IMO it will be the best looking hot hatch on the market (I've got a thing for the shiny stickers and big spoiler lol) Would be way out of my budget though :pensive:

Reactions: RossWoods93
The price?

It is a serious amount of money, but it is a serious amount of car :wink:

My concern with it is the limited numbers... Like a lot of these special edition cars, they only make a few and there is likely to be a lot of buyers who get one to then just garage it and keep it as an investment, driving prices up stupidly high. So it then puts it out of reach for the mass majority...

I know we're not talking 911 R here, however I can imagine it happening.

It is a serious amount of money, but it is a serious amount of car :wink:

My concern with it is the limited numbers... Like a lot of these special edition cars, they only make a few and there is likely to be a lot of buyers who get one to then just garage it and keep it as an investment, driving prices up stupidly high. So it then puts it out of reach for the mass majority...

I know we're not talking 911 R here, however I can imagine it happening.

Is exactly what will happen. It will be so desirable it will drive it out of the reality for most...

Shame cos if they made it a bit more mass production, then it'd be great to own one in a few years.

Its pricey but I agree not overpriced. I would love one. After showing her the latest video, my wife has given me the nod to get one (the hard part) but it depends on whether all my money is still tied up in developing this damn house we're currently in (the slightly hard part). Has anyone put letters of interest into a dealer yet if they decide to produce them?

Reactions: sevenfourate
I'm good at bs with her when it comes to cars (hope she doesn't read this). Would have been easier if I hadn't got this Gordini though. I think once I go down the engine mods route on the Gordini it will be a definite no go on the RS16. Still, a lot depends on the final price and then financing it...

One thing that still slightly disappoints me on the car is that they didn't do more bodywise. A few different panels would have been nice rather than some stick on arches and a rear spoiler.

Its pricey but I agree not overpriced. I would love one. After showing her the latest video, my wife has given me the nod to get one (the hard part) but it depends on whether all my money is still tied up in developing this damn house we're currently in (the slightly hard part). Has anyone put letters of interest into a dealer yet if they decide to produce them?

Not jealous, not jealous, not jealous.......... :smile:

This life aint a trial run. If its what you fancy then go for it is my advice. I also think they'll hold their value well. So its not like dropping £80k on a top Merc which will then be worth 30% of its value in 4 years time.

So tell the wife aswell as being practical, cheapish to run and good fun - its also a wise investment :smile:

Reactions: Jimmy and Gordini
Good points for me to remember if she changes her mind :smile: Only the first big hurdle overcome but still lots of others on the way before I can think of an RS16. I've been offered a nearly new 275 engine and part of me thinks I can do something pretty special with the Gordini so still lots to make up my mind about.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Good points for me to remember if she changes her mind :smile: Only the first big hurdle overcome but still lots of others on the way before I can think of an RS16. I've been offered a nearly new 275 engine and part of me thinks I can do something pretty special with the Gordini so still lots to make up my mind about.

In terms of actual investment the rs16 would actually be better. Unfortunately turbo conversions don't make there money back, not by a long shot!! But ofc we still don't know prices!

Just thinking it would be a LOT cheaper to mod the 200 but investment value argument taken and agreed. Better get this house finished and hope Renault continue to drag their heels...

Reactions: Adam_C
If they build it (big if) & if they build it in rhd (bigger if), i'll be trading the 275R in on one.

Interesting that you would trade the 275R in. I have had a few people say that the RS16 is not special enough, but I certainly think it is. Renault have made huge changes to the standard car, perhaps more so than the V6.