CLIO RS 16

Anyone contacted their dealer yet to register an interest in one of these if they're built? Renault in Milton Keynes have an online form where you're able to do so and they followed up with a call to me the next day to discuss. I was already number 34 on their list so I guess there are lots of people across the country who have already expressed an interest. Don't think there will be many available at this rate depending on pricing (and of course if they decide to build). I worry with sterling moving to near parity with the euro these are going to be more expensive than estimated :worried:

Last edited:
Its going to be an epic drivers car from what we've seen.

But for that price tag, when you can have this interior from an audi S3 (which starts at 32k)... Needs to improve, the seats look like they've just been chucked in there from the back of a showroom...

audi-a3-2014-interior-wallpaper-7.jpg

Don't get me wrong, ive got a 200t, and the interior is pretty good, much improved from the MK3, but thats a 20k car, where as this is going to be about 35k. You have to step up in every area, not just the performance side of it.

We will agree to disagree. :wink:
I was close to buying the old M135i and most tests put it in front of the RS3, certainly around a circuit. RS3s understeer like pigs on a track and the S3 isn't as focused as an RS3. A year ago I could have had a brand spanking new M135i for c. £25k through a broker, way cheaper than an S3. Still though, the BMW is ugly as sin... But very quick for the money!

Last edited:
£25k was a great price! The thing is when you get to £30k plus you want the car to be everything - looks, quality, handling, power etc. unfortunately the money you lose on them after a couple of years takes the shine off all of that.

Reactions: Gordini
Comparing a Clio too bmws audis and a Nissan GT-R...

Never denying it will probably be a great icon and drivers car, but I just think for that sort of money they need to be upping there game in every area.

Reactions: Adam_C