Clio Meg RS320bhp conversion (update Meg Rad)

Expensive 4 weeks but it's nearly all done.
Hybrid
DMF and Clutch
both Driveshafts
Belts done
Bonnets with vents painted
Dimming Rear view mirror finally wired in

just leaving me needing a full set of tyres, front brake pads, stainless brake lines....then more power. Also thinking about VVT controller and custom 3' exhaust. 335bhp sounds like a good figure to aim for......

good progress mate!

how did you wire in the rear view mirror? Is there a guide anywhere?
got a donor megane with dimming mirror

Bonnets painted. It's a bit marmite but def growing on me. Def better in the flesh. Might paint vents LY so don't stand out as much but in fairness it's more about go than show and reducing those under bonnet high temps...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 283
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 262
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 156
Car looks great! Personally would paint the vents LY as it keeps the sleeper look, as much a sleeper as a yellow clio with cup kit and 18s can be! I mean it won't give such a big clue as to what's under the bonnet.

Car looks great! Personally would paint the vents LY as it keeps the sleeper look, as much a sleeper as a yellow clio with cup kit and 18s can be! I mean it won't give such a big clue as to what's under the bonnet.

Must admit, sleeper it isn't. Will divide opinions but always as but that's the nature of project cars for me.

Must admit, sleeper it isn't. Will divide opinions but always as but that's the nature of project cars for me.

I'd say spray the vents the same colour. You can easily tell it's a performance car once you put your foot down and the vents are kinda obvious too. Can I ask where you got these vents from? Could you tag me when you reply please :smile:

Another MOT for 12 months. Only Failed on the upgraded rear lights as I completely forgot they have no fog light. Also reverses stopped working. Fog sorted and reverse isn't a failure so £25 later, done. Just looking now at relocating the expansion bottle today and a quick rework of the water pipes and another one of those things done of my list.

Need new exhaust centre section and Reverse lights to sort leaving the remap early next year.

Right early start this morning but today's the day I finally get round to fitting Meg radiator. This is going to make a massive difference. Also relocating the header tank as ideally should sit higher. Previously wired aux pump to remain on.

I'm aiming to do RR day at the end of the month so will be interested how much difference the hybrid as made.

Hope you'll be happy with the results mate!

Hopefully but when you compare the two rads, I'm not surprised there have been a few head gasket issues with conversions running hot. Must be 2-3 litres difference between the two rads. Then there's real issues with flow because of the configuration of the Meg pipes, there's issues with the location of header tank, the bumper on Clio is more restrictive in letting air in, the inter cooler blocks the rad and the car really struggles with dispensing heat which isn't helped with the smaller engine bay, the list goes on.....

It's funny cause unless you have a scan gauge fitted you'd never know how hot it's running cause the mark registered on the standard temp clocks is the same at 75 deg as it is at 107. Those with the conversion flying around the track with the needle half way, that will be around 115 deg.

If you running 300 bhp, be careful....back to work.

Last edited:
Have you seen the alloy radiators on amazon? says they hold more coolant and are thicker. The price of £150 makes me think twice though

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00TSBKGBA/?tag=clio197-21

Not seen theses so good find. Price seems decent too. That aside, what I've learnt from conversion, the more you deviate from what's in the Meg, the bigger the problems that follow. It's funny as even where the header tank sits makes a massive problem. If you leave the header tank where it is, expect to have issues with it struggling with air in the system. If you put it where ktec do, it restricts the size of the turbo inlet and filter especially if your looking for bigger power....