Clio 200T edc

I experienced high temps of gearbox oil on track (near 96 degrees) in hot weather. I'm not sure if R.S Monitor tells the truth but if he does then driving on track in hot weather and keeping gearbox's oil below 95 degrees is just impossible.

Of course car didn't go into limp mode but as far as I know temp above 95 degrees in dual clutch gearbox is deadly.

On the other hand this box has dry clutches so it works quite the same as manual gearbox... I'm curious what gearbox oil temp people reach on track e.g. in Clio 197/200. :huh:

Everything I read just seems to mention overheating of the box/clutch. Kind of puts me off a bit. We'll see.

I'm in the same boat. I guess some of the potential issues of an early adopter. I don't feel that it needs extra power on the road, track maybe. The warranty thing is my main concern atm.

Everything I read just seems to mention overheating of the box/clutch. Kind of puts me off a bit. We'll see.

Mines been mapped for over 2 years now and I'm running 210BHP at the wheels with 310nmts of trq which both are about to be increased so sadly what you read isn't always the way it is the community on here is only small for the mk4 but I know at least 6 mk4s which are mapped with no issues.

May I ask how you attached your foot rest Starlet_GT? I have one but can't figure for the life of me how to fix it in??

Mines been mapped for over 2 years now and I'm running 210BHP at the wheels with 310nmts of trq which both are about to be increased so sadly what you read isn't always the way it is the community on here is only small for the mk4 but I know at least 6 mk4s which are mapped with no issues.
Where did you get yours mapped? Just been reading through your thread but couldn't see anything about where you had it done

my build thread is a little behind now need updating but there are a few more mods going on first lol.
first map was a quantum flash map with no mods was alright better fuel economy loads more trq midrange
second map was a flash again this time form Ste C @ sc
Second map was for mods on the car much more aggressive

May I ask how you attached your foot rest Starlet_GT? I have one but can't figure for the life of me how to fix it in??

Footrest is attached with heavy duty Velcro to the carpet. It came with a backing plate to screw through the carpet, but it was impossible to fit!

I'd just go for the OEM Renault one if I was doing it again, £20 odd quid.

Footrest is attached with heavy duty Velcro to the carpet. It came with a backing plate to screw through the carpet, but it was impossible to fit!

I'd just go for the OEM Renault one if I was doing it again, £20 odd quid.

I did this to mine, OEM footrest and managed to fit to carpet with rivets and a small washer behind, not moved in over a year, must say it was a bit fidley.

my build thread is a little behind now need updating but there are a few more mods going on first lol.
first map was a quantum flash map with no mods was alright better fuel economy loads more trq midrange
second map was a flash again this time form Ste C @ sc
Second map was for mods on the car much more aggressive
It's a shame you only hear about the ones with issues. There's an AMD dealer down by me that will map it so I am tempted. 10 hour round trip to leeds for a remap is just too much time

Sounds good
i went out and got a miltek fitted decatted and no centre box the loud one as miltek call it and it's quieter than the standard set up
wish I had gone your direction and just removed the standard centre box because yours has a superb burble now
I'm shocked it's that quiet?? Any performance gain?