Clio 200T edc

Full auto is great, it does feel lazy compared to Sport, but fits the bill. I get decent fuel economy in auto, 35+ mpg. You can always use the paddles when needed in auto, it overrides for 10 secs I think. The main setting that doesn't work very well is full auto with the RS Sport mode engaged. Green light on the dash. It holds the revs too much and sort of defeats what auto is all about imo. Gear stick pushed to the left and using the paddles is fantastic, do most of my driving in this mode. Race mode in the dry is great, shifts are very quick, you hardly notice them, foot flat to the floor and just keep pulling the paddles, makes a great noise, even in standard trim.

I have a set of plain mats if you want them? Guy in Australia did the centre armrest thing, had it covered in leather to I think, do a search.

Simon.

Here's some pictures of it. 8e155e0445ab5efab60971dc64239ee7.jpg

f1cb8f5671d1ab07b9551b047a190e7c.jpg

1ad1bcf5f407f05165c6090b11125e9d.jpg

90b83b21c12652b955f099590757ef22.jpg

I only realised today that the leather seats are heated as well!

I'm planning on getting some mats from Renault. Thanks for the offer though.

May as well put up some plans for the car :-

Get rid of the "gravells" badge on the rear.
Remap - not too sure on this yet.
Exhaust - may just get rid of the centre silencer.

That's probably it!

Welcome and enjoy. Top tip, it took me about 4 months to really get on terms with the box, it is a totally different experience but once mastered it's brilliant

Welcome and enjoy. Top tip, it took me about 4 months to really get on terms with the box, it is a totally different experience but once mastered it's brilliant
It definitely takes a bit of getting used to. Got it on some country roads earlier, despite the torrential rain I was impressed with the grip. Just getting used to the gear ratios. I could just leave the focus in 5th or 6th and boot it lol.

It's been a long time since I've posted on this forum. For the last 2 years I've owned a mk2.5 Focus ST with the mp260 package on it.

I bought a mercury silver 200T lux today with cup chassis and the r-sport software (I think that's right?).

I pick it up next Saturday but I enjoyed the test drive. It's definitely slower than my ST (no surprise there) but the handling is something else. I also quite like the gear box and didn't see any problem with the shift speed.

I only have 2 crap photos atm but can't seem to upload them.

Main plans are to look at remap and probably make it a bit noisier exhaust wise, it's very quiet!

Thanks for looking.

There must be something wrong with your 200t because mine regularly out drags st,s that are owned by a few guys from my work

There must be something wrong with your 200t because mine regularly out drags st,s that are owned by a few guys from my work
My focus was 260bhp with 400nm of torque. The st really isn't a 1/4 mile car. I'm pretty sure it would pull away from the clio from a rolling start. A standard ST is a pretty heavy, slow car.

I ran a 400bho mk2 Focus RS and I love my Clio 200T

0-60 from the Renaultsport monitor with standing 1/4 time as well

33744030c8c4d51fa04764e77ecdeb33.jpg

Last edited:
I had the Renault sports mats for Christmas. Will hopefully be booking in for center silencer removal in January. Can't wait.

Bit louder, but not intrusive. What it gives you is lots of pops and bangs on gear changes up and down the box. Sounds better than my KTec cat back on my old 200.

Last edited:
welcome to the club personally id get a full system on the car than mess with the current system the scorpions are a great bit of kit theres one on sale on facebook currently decat and cat back think mitch wants 450only done a few miles. or if you want something a bit different the Supersprints are very good and I think mr ashton will have one for sale shortly.
As for mapping probably the best mod you can do on the car mine like mr wombles is mapped I'm running 210bhp @the wheels and about 310nmts of trq :wink: will be a bit more shortly lol

welcome to the club personally id get a full system on the car than mess with the current system the scorpions are a great bit of kit theres one on sale on facebook currently decat and cat back think mitch wants 450only done a few miles. or if you want something a bit different the Supersprints are very good and I think mr ashton will have one for sale shortly.
As for mapping probably the best mod you can do on the car mine like mr wombles is mapped I'm running 210bhp @the wheels and about 310nmts of trq :wink: will be a bit more shortly lol
If I could afford an exhaust I'd probably go down that route, my missus would bury me if I did! I can justify a 60 quid mod lol. I'm still unsure on remaps. I miss the grunt of my ST but I'm worried about the gearbox.

I would save for the remap before spending it on an exhaust. Silencer chop for the sound is enough for me. As usual it's all about the money!