Clio 200 vs R26R - Great Video

Found this awesome video from Spa a while ago, don't think its a repost but if it is feel free to delete this thread mods!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAw48NeLjwE[/youtube]

(looks better if you watch it on youtube in HD)

another:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU5c5FKj0ZA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/youtube]

Shame the driver is a dick head and thinks he is in a race with everyone. Some of those overtaking moves, id have had words after. Its a trackday not a race.

Wreckless overtaking, I think this is the chap that is always on the ring. LOL at the corner cutting around 7mins too.

Is that the exhaust popping when he changes gear then? I get this noise.

don't think it's the guy from the ring... he was there when we went, and he went by a different name I believe.

Either way, he can drive!

I don't think is overtaking is that bad. They were mostly by consent.

It looks as though the R was playing with him aswell.

Whoa !!!! This dude seriously thinks he is at a race and not a track day. He attacks all the time. Just balls out driving where ppl stand to lose their nice cars to someone who thinks he is a hero. Nice and ****ing agro !!!!

Most of the overtakes were by consent like Ado said, the spider one a couple of mins in at the start was a bid dodgey.

Also shows you how poor these cars are in 5th gear. I'd settle for a 120mph top speed and shorter ratios to get there. Maybe need a long overdrive gear for motorways and economy on longer runs.

Most of the overtakes were by consent like Ado said, the spider one a couple of mins in at the start was a bid dodgey.

Also shows you how poor these cars are in 5th gear. I'd settle for a 120mph top speed and shorter ratios to get there. Maybe need a long overdrive gear for motorways and economy on longer runs.

consistantly shocking i was cringing at some of them. i wouldnt do them in a race car its always a late brake then hope the abs stops him in time before he runs the other guy off the road!

the gearing is a bit off i dont think there was and 6th gear bits on there

Whoa !!!! This dude seriously thinks he is at a race and not a track day. He attacks all the time. Just balls out driving where ppl stand to lose their nice cars to someone who thinks he is a hero. Nice and ****ing agro !!!!
I'm sorry - but the guy in the R was either racing too - or should have got out of the Clio's way - The Clio driver clearly had more talent :smile:

Intersting how on the long straights, the Clio kept up, just about, but accelerating from slow speed (particularly after the H-pin) the R was a LOT faster. Hmmm...

Torque and an LSD is what's in the R's favour there.

I think he was a bit of a try-hard, if he wasn't so aggressive entering the corner, he wouldn't be scrubbing off so much speed with understeer through it. Needs to calm down and he'll be quicker though being tidier. We've all got a bit giddy, I think the video said it was session 6? He'll have got the "one last go at seeing how fast I am" mindset... usually followed by spin/hedge/roof/fire.

Nice to see he had big balls through Eau Rouge though!

Last edited:
consistantly shocking i was cringing at some of them. i wouldnt do them in a race car its always a late brake then hope the abs stops him in time before he runs the other guy off the road!

the gearing is a bit off i dont think there was and 6th gear bits on there

:s

No one said consistent and I know he didnt go into 6th gear.

I was comenting on how poor the clio is in 5th.

He clearly knows the track well, his lines a pretty good. If the R26.R was on same lines he wouldn't of had a hope!
The overtakes seem ok, apart from the ones on the R26.R. Oh and i reckon the driver of the R26.R would've needed a new set of pants after his off!

I'm sorry - but the guy in the R was either racing too - or should have got out of the Clio's way - The Clio driver clearly had more talent :smile:

Although I think the driver is mad, it makes amazing viewing ! Think the R 26 driver was messing with him tbh.

I like the clio 20 vs porsche GT3 clip the best. The one at the ring. Can't be bothered to find a link, but its funny when they german is talking about the rev beeper. Beep beep in german sounds funny :smile: . Also the gt3 losing control on the straight is classic !