Clio 200 vs R26R - Great Video

:s

No one said consistent and I know he didnt go into 6th gear.

I was comenting on how poor the clio is in 5th.

as the gearing is long and thats the reason he never got in to 6th if it was good in 5th he would then change gear

not trying to start an argument mate

Seeing 7 minutes of that 1st one is more than enough. Getting away with a lot of poor driving there, he could easily have outbraked himself and hit the .R or the spider or even come off at Raidillon. I'm always happy let those kind of heroes past, they can have their ego stroking fun away from my cars.

Granted his overtake on the spider was a bit dodgey. However I'm not sure whether the R was playing with him or not?

Maybe the .R was, I would definitely say so, but didn't want to start any rivalry. The .R certainly pulled some distance down the longer stretches anyway.

If they were both playing then the overtakes were ok. They both seem to outbrake themselves quite abit.

we all know that at the end of the day if the same driver took both cars out megane will be much quicker. but i did enjoy the video

Does anybody know where can someone get this "telemetry" on the video... or at least, what it is called. 10x!

It looks like it's being worked from that box on the dash in the front of the clock display.

Not sure what it's called though

good video,but change drivers and that R26R would be gone gone gone.
its mostly down to the driver,at a track like brands the driver in that clio would kick most a$$.

Last edited:
explanation

Thank you! Will it be ever available for us?

Hello,

Sorry i did not have time to post in detail last time. I am the owner of this clio, i sometimes come to read this site, and it was funny for me to discover a topic on my spa video. I could read several remarks...What i would like to answer, is that people must not be judged just be viewing a video. I have nothing to prove and all i want is to come back home with my car without any damage.

I share some of my videos simply because of the work to do on the rear view and the telemetry. The telemetry is recorded on the black box, which is connected to CAN. Then the file is is played and animated on VBasic, with a dashboard jpeg behind. It is a 197 one because i started with a 197. I have to tell you that i work for Renault electronic engineering, that is why this box exist, but will stay a prototype. As you can understand, i am french, so in advance excuse my english faults.

Hope to see you on tracks (spa 2011?)

Hello,

Sorry i did not have time to post in detail last time. I am the owner of this clio, i sometimes come to read this site, and it was funny for me to discover a topic on my spa video. I could read several remarks...What i would like to answer, is that people must not be judged just be viewing a video. I have nothing to prove and all i want is to come back home with my car without any damage.

I share some of my videos simply because of the work to do on the rear view and the telemetry. The telemetry is recorded on the black box, which is connected to CAN. Then the file is is played and animated on VBasic, with a dashboard jpeg behind. It is a 197 one because i started with a 197. I have to tell you that i work for Renault electronic engineering, that is why this box exist, but will stay a prototype. As you can understand, i am french, so in advance excuse my english faults.

Hope to see you on tracks (spa 2011?)

Thanks for your explanation. I guess I'll stick with ordinary cam - that is: with no telemetry :smiley:

SPA is a bit far from Slovenia. I'd like to drive there once, so there's still a chance for 2011... :wink:

Best regards,
Rok