Clio 200 oil usage

I have done 6000 from new miles in my clio 200 and already topped up the oil with the supplied 1litre bottled should I be worried that my car is using oil?

depends how you are driving it mate (if ure booting it), if you want to keep ure engine in super condition change the oil every 6k anyway.

the 200 engine cant be the much different to the 197 engine i wud say just see what its like after 12k then

mines covered 23k and had a oil service, renault service, and another oil service . . . i really cane mine thgh

Being too eager when it's not fully warm seems to burn the oil quicker with the 197 (did on my old red one anyway). I try so hard not to go over 2000rpm till its fully warmed up. (going to work at 6.30 helps with the go slow lol)

10500 miles. 18 month old. 1-2 trackdays a month. 1 oil change at 1k, 1 six months after, annual service and it's not used a drop :wink:

Mine took a good sip till about 6k miles, (run in... ) after that i topped up, i think atm its much better. But time will tell.

And you just have to change the oil more often under hard conditions, like trackdays, just driving in the city and so on.

@ mark: not over 2000 ? are you crazy!? i mean 2,5 when cold, till 3k till water temp norm and then not over 4k till warm is enough... o wait... youre a hobby road barrier!? :wink:

Mine took a good sip till about 6k miles, (run in... ) after that i topped up, i think atm its much better. But time will tell.

And you just have to change the oil more often under hard conditions, like trackdays, just driving in the city and so on.

@ mark: not over 2000 ? are you crazy!? i mean 2,5 when cold, till 3k till water temp norm and then not over 4k till warm is enough... o wait... youre a hobby road barrier!? :wink:

:lol: My work is only 1.5 miles from my house with a stop at the shop in-between.

My old 197 didn't fill me with a lot of confidence with the gearbox braking and clutch master slave cylinder going one cold morning on the way to work.

Hence the pampering of the cup when it's cold, when it's hot though it gets more stick than most. It's has been trouble and rattle free.

Whats a hobby road barrier ???:confused1:

From personal experience i'd say it burns more oil when driving very softly than abusing it.

Mine never drinks oil but did a 400 mile 3000rpm motorway run and it used half a litre.

I know theres a certain tank at work that actually blue smokes on tickover becuase there isnt enough pressure in the cylinders at such low speed to force the piston rings onto the cylinder wall.

Perhaps a similar problem with these?

my oil light came on yesterday at the 3045 mile mark? and to top it off its started to missfire and have got the warning spanner on the dash with the warning messages check esp, check injection?

From personal experience i'd say it burns more oil when driving very softly than abusing it.

Mine never drinks oil but did a 400 mile 3000rpm motorway run and it used half a litre.

I know theres a certain tank at work that actually blue smokes on tickover becuase there isnt enough pressure in the cylinders at such low speed to force the piston rings onto the cylinder wall.

thats just a worn engine - when stripped the bores will be oval and the ring gaps will be excessive due to wear - you can also get oil control rings that crack or are worn away and dont wipe the oil film off the cylinder bores causing blue smoke