Clio 200 cup spoiler fitment

adamgas85

Gold Member
Looking at getting a cup rear spoiler, currently have the GT spoiler. My question is when I remove the GT spoiler to fit the RS spoiler is it a straight swap once I drill the holes etc. The brake light is on the Gt spoiler is this going to cause issues.

Thanks in advance.

Paul_D

Platinum Member
If the brake light is the standard clio one then it shouldn't be a problem, just fit it in the tailgate standard position.
Screenshot_20220502_213525_com.ebay.mobile_edit_2159108254026272.jpgIMG_20220502_213842.jpg
It looks the same.

DS197

POTM Winner - June 2017
Paid Member
If you have the GT spoiler you will need a new tailgate.

You can go from Cup spoiler to GT spoiler without a new tailgate but not the other way around.

burrellbloke

Paid Member
When you take your GT spoiler off it will look like this.

IMG_1329.jpeg

You can find cheap tailgates on eBay for about £50 but they tend to be from breakers who will charge you another £50, if not more, to have it delivered.

I have a GT spoiler and would like a Cup spoiler. Maybe, just maybe, I will do it one day.

turkie172

Paid Member
you can fit a gt spoiler but there is a bit of drilling etc you grind off the tags to get a flat face then put a few nut-serts in the tailgate to fit the mounting bracket there was a german clio site that someone did fit one.

clio gt spoiler