Clio 200 Gordini Coil Springs

Hi there, I need to replace all 4 of my coil springs. I have a 200 Gordini (I think non cup) registered in July 2010. The rear colour code is orange orange, and I know I'm colour blind but at the front it seems to be wearing blue green coils (pic included), which from other threads on here I thought were only for the 197?
Is it possible it's on the wrong coils?

Which coils should I get??
Pic of coils:
https://imgur.com/pIpheNi
pIpheNi

Thanks in advance for the help!
David

Hi thanks suj. I saw that page in my search, but I hadn't heard of anyone with a 200 having blue green on the front coils before, and I know that not all of the coils are directly compatible for both the 197 and 200.

Can anyone else say if they've had blue green front coils on a 200?

Could it be the Gordini having 197 style front dampers, springs and top mounts (aka big top mounts and bigger springs)?
I don't know too much about the Gordini's, but if you contact RenaultPartsDirect they can check all this on Renault's system and give you the correct information of what it should be from factory (as I understand your concern, you think someone may have put wrong springs on).

If it has the larger top mounts then the blue/green is correct for 197 and early 200's they are non cup springs so I think Gordini has grey calipers which suggest the car is non cup then the rear springs are wrong not the fronts. If the car has red calipers then it is a cup option and the front springs are wrong on the larger mounts should be blue/orange like the 197.
197 non-cup front: blue/green
197 non-cup rear: orange/orange
197 cup front: blue/orange
197 cup rear: blue/orange
200 non-cup front: blue/yellow
200 non-cup rear: orange/orange
200 cup front: blue/violet
200 cup rear: blue/orange

If it has the larger top mounts then the blue/green is correct for 197 and early 200's they are non cup springs so I think Gordini has grey calipers which suggest the car is non cup then the rear springs are wrong not the fronts. If the car has red calipers then it is a cup option and the front springs are wrong on the larger mounts should be blue/orange like the 197.
197 non-cup front: blue/green
197 non-cup rear: orange/orange
197 cup front: blue/orange
197 cup rear: blue/orange
200 non-cup front: blue/yellow
200 non-cup rear: orange/orange
200 cup front: blue/violet
200 cup rear: blue/orange

How can I tell if it has the larger top mounts?

At the rear it has what looks to be orange orange, so that seems correct for non cup 200

Well I will say the 197/early 200 top mount in Clio Mk3 circles is regarded as the larger top mount the outer diameter of the spring is different and therefore the shock is different as the deck/neck has to accommodate the diameter of the spring. The best labeling around is Renault parts direct where the pictures have come from.

upload_2020-2-3_13-33-22.png
upload_2020-2-3_13-33-54.png

Well I will say the 197/early 200 top mount in Clio Mk3 circles is regarded as the larger top mount the outer diameter of the spring is different and therefore the shock is different as the deck/neck has to accommodate the diameter of the spring. The best labeling around is Renault parts direct where the pictures have come from.

View attachment 138255
View attachment 138256

Ok so I guess if it currently has the blue green shock fitted then it must also have the larger top mount and thus everything is ok then??

By the way,Renault parts direct can't help as they can't go off the reg, only what's fitted as their system doesn't tell them what it should have

To add to Turkie's post, check under the scuttle panel at the top mount, how it should look like:

197 / early 200 large top mounts:

IMAG0846.jpg

Late Clio 200 smaller top mounts:
I can't find a pic! Basically the hole in the middle is tiny, so you'll know what you have.

Feel free to post up a pic, just to be sure.

But I am pretty sure you have the larger style top mounts from an early 200, if so I think I have 4x brand new springs at home in the attic that I can check colours on (I opted for Eibachs at the time), I bought them from RenaultPartsDirect.

They were for non-cup dampers, so should be the right colour.

Thanks suj! I'll have a look when I can get out to the car :smile:

Puts my mind at rest then that some early 200s had the previous 197 suspension coils

Reactions: suj