Clio 197 not that fast???

You mean the saxo is faster than the CZT or the other way around?

/QUOTE]

I do mean that the saxo is faster then the CZT because the saxo was gaining in on me. Like I said before we started, I already kept the 197 in the 5000rpm range because overthere it's at its best. And I shifted when the shift light popped on. It's not that I've been driving cars for 2 years, but I've had my license for 10 years and I was already driving long before that.

As for mike, sorry to hear about your friend, but I've also lost a friend in a car accident, same car to be honest. i'm telling you he wasn't driving slow, they were on a recon for a local rally, but he was on a head road and some one from a smaller road drove into him...
There will always be the question.. what if

You could get it dyno'd and see what it's putting out, it might just need a good service though.

Also, there's quite a few videos on youtube (albeit low quality ones) of 197's racing a variety of other cars, I'd suggest you check those out rather than trying to find out for yourself. Anything can happen on the roads in the real world and I know I wouldn't want something terrible on my conscience for the sake of seeing who has the faster car.

Don’t mean to patronise you but I agree with Mike and Neil, keep it to the track and off the roads don’t get involved with them as it will only end up in tears, I know it’s tempting.

The Clio never makes the full 192BHP they are always down on power so if you are that worried I would get it on a dyno and see what yours is making.

I have keep with a R26 up to 75 before and that is a good 35/40bhp more than the Clio.

could be a coil? as weren't they going on some 197's?

may explain it.

Def gotta be poorly mate, something doesnt sound right, think you should get it RR'd then see what your engine is pumping out and go from there. Maybe you have a dead bird blocking the filter or something lol!:tongueout:

you are clearly not driving ure 197 correctly to get beaten by these chumps. . . . even in a straight line . . . . let that green change light come on then change gear and you will waste them. if you feel its not fast enough you need to get some work done remap or exhaust or like me both..... gl

Remap on an NA car is a waste of time chap. It might give a bit better torque curve, and help the flat spot in the low revs, but thats it.

"Remap on an NA car is a waste of time chap. It might give a bit better torque curve,"

with quotes of 20% more torque lower down , this can only be a good thing,
sort of Clio 200 map for the 197.

True. And another thing - if this car had that 194bhp in the start it would fly.

I think that it doesn't lack an LSD because it has enough of traction. LSD can't help you much with good starts but it can do miracles in corners - if you compare R26 with 197.

I am a track guy, always trying to go the tenth of a second. I reckon that with an LSD, in a twisty circuit, I could shave 2-3 second of a lap, and that's just what I need to be really fast. Time attack people ran on 1.21's in the circuit I was and I was doing 1.24 with stock tyres, stock suspension and no LSD. If the car had the power it should have, an LSD, suspension and some Toyos I would be well under 1.20.

Hydraulic man, the coils are the pipes above the plugs that give the spark, and RR refers to "rolling road" :wink:

I am a track guy, always trying to go the tenth of a second. I reckon that with an LSD, in a twisty circuit, I could shave 2-3 second of a lap, and that's just what I need to be really fast. Time attack people ran on 1.21's in the circuit I was and I was doing 1.24 with stock tyres, stock suspension and no LSD. If the car had the power it should have, an LSD, suspension and some Toyos I would be well under 1.20.

If you're a track guy, first go for the KW V3, than go for the LSD, and than for the Michelin Cup or Toyo R888 tyres. Of course, do something with the "power" - exhaust, intake, lighter flywheel (when you're mounting an LSD) and a remap. Cams would be nice too.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but please don't race the buggers....

I wouldn't want to see this in the papers again...

eb9Ad.jpg

No he wasn't racing someone, but he was still racing....and it cost my friend his life...

That's all I'm gonna say about this whole thing now

I think the guy lived quite close to me Mike (i think he was from Neath in South Wales, he went down to Tenby to look at the car he was a passanger when the car crashed?), i am from Llanelli in South Wales, really sad story

Could this be the problem, that it wasn't getting air enough???, I think the previous owner changed his air filter like NEVER:scared:

I was planning on changing to a panel filter, but it seems like I'd be doing it better sooner then later

lucht.jpg

lucht2.jpg

Could this be the problem, that it wasn't getting air enough???, I think the previous owner changed his air filter like NEVER:scared:

I was planning on changing to a panel filter, but it seems like I'd be doing it better sooner then later

lucht.jpg

lucht2.jpg

does look abit clogged up there mate :scared:

A saxo vts making its power is approx 145 bhp/ton. A 197 running an avg 180bhp like most are is approx 145bhp/ton. Simples.