Clio 197 not that fast???

so I've got mine for a couple of weeks now...

But I've been beaten up by a Astra (vauxhall in UK I think) GSI 150bhp with lighter flywheel and other exhaust, 250kg lighter then 197
Saxo vts 120 bhp with only other exhaust... 400kg lighter then 197

Is it because of the weight difference, smaller wheel diameter...
Getting a bit frustrated, everybody has that smile :biggrin: ow I'm faster then a Clio 197 :glare:

Are we talking about straight line speed? If so, thats a chumps game :smiley:

Get them on the twisty back roads :wink:

its all about your start your obviosuly not quick enough off the mark. ive raced my mates astra vxr and had him on serveral occasions

its all about the weight dude as simple as that

as said before straight line speed isnt all that, get any of those on the track and id be surprised if you didnt piss all over them, ive got vid of me chasing a focus st on track last week you soon realise just how good the 197 is, through the corners and under braking it was'nt even a contest on the straights he pulls away but come the next corner im all over him again! i even hassled a caterham!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU5aBsyU7VM

its all about the weight dude as simple as that

as said before straight line speed isnt all that, get any of those on the track and id be surprised if you didnt piss all over them, ive got vid of me chasing a focus st on track last week you soon realise just how good the 197 is, through the corners and under braking it was'nt even a contest on the straights he pulls away but come the next corner im all over him again! i even hassled a caterham!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU5aBsyU7VM

Hehe nice drivin :smile: And what about wheel diameter. I have the 18" megane wheels now one mine (bought it that way) I also got the standard clios with it to go to the annual checkup. Somebody told me that If I'd put the 17's on it that it will make alot of difference... True of placebo effect?

Honestly cant see making any difference dude, handling wise yes maybe you'd notice the turn in being abit more responsive on the 17"s but straight line speed cant see it myself

yes, i use 98. We don't have any higher oct here. You guys have?

Its not the astra i'm worried about, its got lighter flywheel, full exhaust...
But a almost standard saxo...
And if you calculate bhp to weight ratio, the saxo seems to carry more weight par bhp, even if you take in consideration that the clio has 180bhp.

He was gaining so fast on me in 4th gear i couldn't believe it.

you are clearly not driving ure 197 correctly to get beaten by these chumps. . . . even in a straight line . . . . let that green change light come on then change gear and you will waste them. if you feel its not fast enough you need to get some work done remap or exhaust or like me both..... gl

you are clearly not driving ure 197 correctly to get beaten by these chumps. . . . even in a straight line . . . . let that green change light come on then change gear and you will waste them. if you feel its not fast enough you need to get some work done remap or exhaust or like me both..... gl

Trust me, I know how the shift light works :wink:

maybe you should get your car on to a R/R and see what its running, you never know it could be a bit poorly, ?

because to get beat by a 120bhp saxo thats embarrasing. :thumbdown:

VTS could quite easily be making more power with simple mods.

TBH I'd be more upset by the GSI. Would say there is something definately wrong with your car.

maybe you should get your car on to a R/R and see what its running, you never know it could be a bit poorly, ?

because to get beat by a 120bhp saxo thats embarrasing. :thumbdown:

That was also my guess R/R like in dynotest? What should I be paying just to put it on a dyno once?

VTS could quite easily be making more power with simple mods.

TBH I'd be more upset by the GSI. Would say there is something definately wrong with your car.

The only mod on the VTS should be another exhaust.

The GSI has lighter flywheel, full lenght other exhaust (manifold included), don't know if it has induction kit on it

there must be something wrong, u should be pissing all over these cars mate. ive beaten a 350z in a straight line before. (luckily we had to slow down for another set of lights, or i feel he may have caught up lol) but thats still a win in my books!!

a dyno test normally comes with a re-map but i would say 30- 40 quid cash to a garage would get ure car on there rolling road . . . . where are u?