CLIO 197 CUP - Project TF

I have only used Direzzas and MRFs. The Direzzas were usable after a single lap. The MRFs probably took a few laps to warm up properly but were excellent when warm.

Reactions: Tarticmonkey
So in my infinite wisdom I’ve bought some standard 197 wheels locally. Really good condition wheels with some AD08RS on. But now I have them I’m not sure I’m sure I need them :grin: So they may be up for sale soonD91F0F2A-DAF9-4E88-88BF-CBBDA5363A68.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Sean197
Quick Update- Impulse purchase wheels are staying- Yes I am a hoarder

Also visiting GSM Saturday to try some seat. Is there a good seat fitting tutorial on here anywhere?

Reactions: EthanMenace

Not sure about a proper tutorial but there’s some useful information in here

Quick Update- Impulse purchase wheels are staying- Yes I am a hoarder

Also visiting GSM Saturday to try some seat. Is there a good seat fitting tutorial on here anywhere?

Sit in as many as you can, try to get a full GRP/Carbon/Kevlar shell rather than the steel framed seats. Spend as much as you can realistically afford too, I bought cheapish seats and they're fine but after a full day on track I know it's a lower end seat.

The guys at GSM should advise you on proper sizing, with harness fitting etc...

Not sure about a proper tutorial but there’s some useful information in here
Exactly what I'm looking for! I will take a look shortly. Cheers mate.

Reactions: EthanMenace
Sit in as many as you can, try to get a full GRP/Carbon/Kevlar shell rather than the steel framed seats. Spend as much as you can realistically afford too, I bought cheapish seats and they're fine but after a full day on track I know it's a lower end seat.

The guys at GSM should advise you on proper sizing, with harness fitting etc...
That is my plan. I never got to do this with the mini as I had to act last minute on getting seats for the mini and got Sabelt's. Which I was actually quite happy with for the price.
Definitely want GRP seats this time around. Not only from a comfort and function point of view but they look better IMHO.
Have you been to GSM before?

Busy car based weekend yet again.
Went to GSM Saturday and have concluded that the Mirco RTS’ are the seat for me. They’re in budget, aren’t eared and ultimately fit me and my chunky nature. Being 6 foot tall and having a 52” chest.

Sunday however was arguably much more interesting with It finally being time to fit the coilovers to the clio. All in all a fairly straight forward job it has made me aware of a couple things I need to order for the Car now as well
Here are a couple of photos of how the car is sitting at the moment. Despite the cheap price point of the K-tec coils, I’m happy for the quality of the parts and how it has changed the car. Only driven it briefly as it needs an alignment but the car feels solid.
FA757718-B9F0-4464-8338-CE4B0AC89051.jpeg
2BDC0E2D-1F0B-4DCA-85AC-EB8B5297C685.jpegAnd it 100% needs a clean I’ve just not had chance due to helping mates with their projects over previous weekends recently and taking the opportunity to jump at doing something on mine wasn’t going to be cleaning . Have the day off today so may end up cleaning the cars later.

Also got tyres mounted on the cup racers.
ACA867C1-952C-4AE8-82E5-456350932B7E.jpeg
And last but not least new brakes have arrived this morning from Ktec. PBS pads and brembo HC discs. Tried and tested set up on my old mini so looking forward to giving them a try. Slightly irked me though that K-Tec didn’t ship them in the original boxes leading me to be concerned they’re just blanks but we shall see!

Just a quick update to say seats have been purchased and have arrived.

B226C651-1B58-43D4-950F-1B81EBD1E84E.jpeg

Original plan was to wait until later in the year for these. However them being in stock (last set for at least 3 months apperantly) and the way to world meaning a price increase would definitely happen I decided to jump on them. Really happy with the weight Of them and quality however some of the stitching could have been better quality imho. But then again you’re not paying Recaro prices for these.

Will say additionally I would recommend GSM to anyone looking to purchase seats. Really helpful and accommodating shop owner.

All associated stuff (hardware etc) has been purchased too with them almost ready to go in the car. I doubt this will happen until later in March though as I have Cadwell next Monday and the F1 starts this weekend which I am not missing for anyone
:laughing: Even my baguette.

Really good day at Cadwell yesterday despite the weather and some Ginetta’s treating as their own personal test session. Causing quite a few reds.

It has highlighted an issue with the car, where there’s a vibration whilst accelerating at speed. Suspect it’s engine mount related. But will do some proper investigation soon.

Will do a proper review of the day later in the week when proper track photos are available.

FF6E9CDA-99DF-43C0-BA4E-792FE7756C8A.jpeg
BCE28BEA-16DC-43AD-B551-5CFDA6848A9A.jpeg

Nice! Should be a good day for you hopefully. Shame I can't book on due to prior commitments as it would have been good to join you all.

It was quite scary you're right. Especially with my stubbornness to run the MRFs in the morning that didn't help and almost lead me to a meeting with Barry coming out of barn (in the trees after hall bends). Switching back to road tyres helped massively and got confidence back for me.

Beany is right with where standing water gathers. I aquaplaned a couple of times before turning into coppice. Which wasn't the most pleasant experience at over 90.

Though at some points the rain was heavy so the entire track got sodden. So some more standing water appeared but that soon faded. But don't let the wet put you off. I really like a wet day as it makes you understand your car more and ultimately a better driver.

One of my best moments of the day was having some slower laps following a 2CV V6 race car who was using proper wet lines. Only having driven hear in the dry it was a great help.