CLIO 197 CUP - Project TF

My pennies worth on the diff…

Yes a gripper diff will out perform a black line on track but to the tune of about 1 second a lap clutching numbers out my asre.
What’s more important to you, the monkey saved or the second a lap? That’s how I’d base my decision.
Slippery slope modifying cars so I’ve heard
Good point well made and something to think about. I guess I need to do some real thinking on it!

Reactions: Big Ben
Thank you, really happy with it, though I think it needs a splitter or something on the bottom as whilst I do personally prefer the look of a 197 to a 200 they do look a tad tame at times.

That sounds interesting! I didn't realise that is what you are running in your car. Nor did I twig that you're TRH Racing on Insta either! Definitely, I would love the opportunity to be taken for a spin in it. It'd be great to see how the diff and extra power effects the car.

No stress, I'm sure in the new year we can work something out,
As one of the comments said earlier on, you can spend the extra ££ and save a seconds worth of lap time, but if it's just track days you're doing, do you need to start reducing lap times, or have fun with the car and build the confidence up driving it quickly?

Reactions: Tarticmonkey
No stress, I'm sure in the new year we can work something out,
As one of the comments said earlier on, you can spend the extra ££ and save a seconds worth of lap time, but if it's just track days you're doing, do you need to start reducing lap times, or have fun with the car and build the confidence up driving it quickly?
Yeah we will I’m sure!
I don’t think it is in alll honesty.
I do want a diff as the one tyre fire did get on my wick so to say, so a black line might be the one. As my friends have ATB style diffs in their cars so it would be level with them.

Reactions: Alistair
Just wanted to drop a quick update on here as I’m quite excited over recent bookings. Got the first Ring Trip for the clio booked for 12-15 of May next year. For some TF laps.
Also booked Cadwell Park on the 6th of March with open track in their Boxing Day sale.

Not sure where the best place to ask this is, so thought I would stick it here.

I am considering going to Autosport next weekend. Does anyone know if "Show Deals" exist? As I am wanting to get a new helmet for trackdays :smile:

There used to always be deals on the day, I got my first ever track day helmet there many years ago. Depends on the seller/booth but I'd expect to find something.

Post Autosport Update.

Picked up a new helmet complete with touring car peak; with a good show discount. Enjoy this cringy selfie in it! 923CC745-FAF2-4E29-98A5-618678B4C6B1.jpeg

Also as some of you may or may not have seen I was after some X85 Cup Racer wheels on here. I managed to find some used on Facebook market place of all places. Need some cleaning up but seeing they seemingly never come up for sale (tried to by another set on the RS197/200 group that were used but slightly better condition and the guy wanted over 700 for them ) I jumped at and Got them for what I feel like was good price. They’ve come off a LHD proper cup racer so I’m going to weigh these at some point to see if they’re the Magnesium ones that they apparently made The seller is going to send me a list of spares too from the cup if there’s anything I’m interested in!

Slicks are coming off and the decision of what tyres to fit before Cadwell begins. Really want try to the AD09’s by Yokohama as they’re dripping into the country now but unsure.
Any advice as always is greatly appreciated

AC42FC29-CDEF-4F37-9542-9A1EC6455ECC.jpeg
After some quick cleaning today. It would be good to get a “touch up” pen if anyone knows if such a thing exists?
B876716F-8EB6-43EC-84BB-32CF935934B5.jpeg

Not heard of the AD09. Will google immediately!
Waiting on Nankang new tyre to see how that performs. CR-2 from memory but probably wrong

Not heard of the AD09. Will google immediately!
Waiting on Nankang new tyre to see how that performs. CR-2 from memory but probably wrong
The AD09 is the upgrade from the AD08RS (the new pants one). Supposedly a better tyre from R888’s but so brand new only one guy has them in the country.
The CR2’s do look interesting. Have you seen any for sale in the U.K. yet?

What are you doing with the slicks? What size are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honestly not sure. Two are slightly shagged in fairness.
They’re 225/620/17 off of top of my head. If you’re able to make use of them you can have them when I remove them.

Last edited:
Not an update per say to the build but I have just dropped the car this evening at body shop for the rust spot on the boot sorting. Was finding it difficult to find a boot lid for the car in the right colour.

Also. Some may find this cool that got this too. New old stock and apparently a team shirt too! Some of the lads who are going to the ring this year want to do a "Crap Car Shirt" day of the brand your car is. So thought this might be the coolest option! :smiley: Shirt.jpg

Nice but your ice writing language skills need work, I can tell whoever wrote that didn't listen in GCSE French, or Spanish for that matter :grinning:

• Haha
Nice but your ice writing language skills need work, I can tell whoever wrote that didn't listen in GCSE French, or Spanish for that matter :grinning:
I said that too . It was my mate Ry that wrote it his response was “I’m not French be Reyt”

Just wanted to do a quick before and after of the rust repair on the boot. Overall very happy with how it has turned out! Was something that really irked me about the car when I bought it but the car was too good of a deal to pass up.

Before:
boot 1.jpg
boot 3.jpg
After:
boot 2.jpg

Really quite happy with result! Especially considering it got the work done for about the same as what a boot lid would have cost me delivered without the old school Renault Sport badge!