Claiming against Royal Mail

Has anyone had a successful claim against Royal Fail? Just received my cup spoiler in the post from a user on here and it has been damaged in transit, one of the end caps has snapped in half. The spoiler wasn't sent insured so do you think I have a leg to stand on?

You answered your own question it wasn't insured. Surely a item of that value should be sent insured was it well packaged?

I think uninsured you can only claim up to around £32/38 but put a claim in and try it.

Thats their standard thing, any more value and you pay more postage.

I have sent stuff insured with all the trimmings and it's a ball ache to try and claim of them
Like said you answered your own question.Whats damaged on the spoiler??? Or is it just the end cap

I don't want anyone blaming the sender please, it was packaged properly.

Roy, it's the end cap that's snapped in half, the actual spoiler is fine. Even if I got £38 that would be good lol. Half way to paying for some carbon fibre ones from ktec

If you claim from Royal mail they usually take ownership of the damaged item, meaning they will want to take the whole spoiler off you.. Best check this before you claim Chris

Why on earth would you send anything like that with royal mail?!?

Should have used a proper courier and had it insured, simple as that.

Good luck claimIng off royal mail mate i used to sell a lot of stuff in bulk on ebay the amount screw ups i had off royal fail was atrotious youll spend more effort than its worth

Has anyone had a successful claim against Royal Fail? Just received my cup spoiler in the post from a user on here and it has been damaged in transit, one of the end caps has snapped in half. The spoiler wasn't sent insured so do you think I have a leg to stand on?

I did but it was insured, they tried to pay out on a lesser insurance value till i said ill see you in court then they paid up in full :smile:

I bought a pair of new gen ford RS wings for my mexico for £600 and insured them for £2500 as they are rare and cant find them. I ended up paying £2800 inc shipping for another pair from germany.

I sent a pair of Golf MK5 R32 Xenon headlights Special delivery, it cost £21.70 and they smashed the F**k out of them, I was unsucesfull whith my claim because I couldnt prove the box wasn't ripped on every side with glass hanging out, as if they would accept any parcel at the counter in that condition, I never use them anymore, good look with the claim.

Cheers mate, after reading up I have decided not to bother, just going to tiger seal the end cap back together, its a clean snap so shouldnt have any issues

I assume it's you asking for the end caps on facebook.

I still have mine unused as i bought carbon ones before i bought the spoiler.

If your struggling i could lend you one untill you get one/some back.

Thanks mate. I've ordered some black tiger seal so I will see how that turns out first. Thanks for the offer and may still take you up on it haha