Civic Type R 2015 - Anyone Else Interested How This Will End Up?

I was talking to a bloke from yuan a honda (btcc team) a few months back, they had a prototype edition and it certainly looked the part,

And the sound of 2.0t engine is swaying me especially a honda one, I will defiantly test drive one when they come out

yeah I think 2015 should be just right for me!
VERY interested how Honda does a turbo lump!
Looks the part, just hope it goes the part, and not stupidly expensive. Ive herd £30k+

5doors!? Dammit Honda!

Spec looks good, a 3door edition could be interesting. :smile:

And probably a 40k + ltd edition like the last one.

I'll definitely keep an eye out but have already made my mind up that my next daily runabout won't be a hatch back

Last edited:
where does it say 9000rpm????

when does a 2.0litre turbo need or could it rev to 9000rpm!

it will be like all the other 2.0 turbo engines out there these days with small fast boosting turbos and will run out of poof at 6500rpm...and drive like a diesel!!!

Ive read it on another site earlier in the year that Honda want to make a turbo lump that still revs like a N/A.
They apparently said that their goal was upto 9000rpm.

Ive read it on another site earlier in the year that Honda want to make a turbo lump that still revs like a N/A.
They apparently said that their goal was upto 9000rpm.

ah I see!

still a bit of a pointless exercise a turbo and 9k revs and unless its a supercar expensive to engineer...funny how the same company killed off the k20
due to euro5 emission regs yet Renault easily met it with the older and less complicated f4r...

I think Honda are one of the best engineering manufacturers around! Ugly looking cars, amazing engines. Id say that's just a Japanese thing though!

should have just slapped the s2000 engine in and added direct injection....9000rpm and 240hp+ :poke:

Very interested, especially given what Mazda are apparently doing with the next 3 MPS, which sounds like a backwards step to me. Does look nice though.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Adam_C Other Marques 22
X Other Marques 24
930Tech Other Marques 27
BEEFTEC Gallery 8
B Gallery 17