*Chrichmeisters* FF Nimbus Grey 197 Pics Page 3

Right,

I I have a buyer for my old car which means Modifications may commence

First Mods I think are going to be

Anthracite Wheels
Black Wheel nut covers (bit OCD as the wheel nuts are slightly rusty)
Black Badges (eventually carbon)
Black Projector Headlights
Paint Calipers as they are silve rat the minute (red/black??)

That should get me started...

I am unsure on the anthracite wheels though and the colour of the calipers?

Is anthracite the best colour or is gloss/matt/satin black or even a darker grey better?

I want to make the right choice as I want the badges black but want the wheels to suit it correctly so maybe go with a grey and black theme

Help please :smile:

Although not my car, someone photoshopped me this to show what it would look like (ish) with the red calipers....(minus the f1 stickers)

Black

5445945218_0498ffbd34.jpg

Anthracite

2838002630_b27a33d71b.jpg

also getting legal pressed metal plates to add a little something to the car as well as an ITG panel filter!!

May as well get on it straight away!!

See I really am torn between anthracite and black, I can't choose!!

I just don't know if the black wheels would better suit the carbon theme i want to achieve!!

will eventually have

carbon bonnet
carbon door strips
carbon badges
carbon front vents

but i think either would suit it...

simos looks immense with black wheels which is making my life hard :worried:

This is what you need for your stereo:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POD-MP3-LEAD-...366?pt=UK_CE_MP3Access_RL&hash=item230de23ebe

I have one in mine and it's simple but works. I have the cable going through the hole in the glovebox to where the light is and to the back of the head unit. If you don't want it, you can turn the aux source off, I think you press and hold the button marked expert, but I can't remember off hand.

Black or Anth wheels will look good, so I wouldn't worry which you choose to much! Lol! Definately get some projector headlights with the grey surround though. Should have been standard IMO from the factory.

Good luck with the rest.

This is what you need for your stereo:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/POD-MP3-LEAD-...366?pt=UK_CE_MP3Access_RL&hash=item230de23ebe

I have one in mine and it's simple but works. I have the cable going through the hole in the glovebox to where the light is and to the back of the head unit. If you don't want it, you can turn the aux source off, I think you press and hold the button marked expert, but I can't remember off hand.

Black or Anth wheels will look good, so I wouldn't worry which you choose to much! Lol! Definately get some projector headlights with the grey surround though. Should have been standard IMO from the factory.

Good luck with the rest.

Cheers mate, ordered one of them straight away :smile:

Looking good! I love my anthracite wheels, imo they do suit nimbus. I do like black, but they make the tyres look weird unless they are cleaned and dressed with a tyre shine product.

Gave the car a little clean on Monday after I finished Uni early!!

Pictures are **** as it is most definately not my speciality!!

However here it is in daylight cleaned!!

b95bd9c9.jpg

6b9ce85f.jpg

f53cbe34.jpg

08617937.jpg

e27e2487.jpg

4dbda733.jpg

This weekend I am going to gloss black the badges on the car (front and rear diamonds)

I am tempted to also do the front grill vents and the rear renault sport badges but I am unsure on how the grills are fitted until I look later at the front...

How are the rear renault sport badges fixed? not the diamond but the lettering on the boot?

I don't want to attempt taking something off which I am unsure of and bodge my car up!!

EDIT: I didn't have enough time to polish and wax the car so I can't wait to see how shiny it is when I find the time

The badges are st stuck on with glue so i decent tar & glue remover would do the trick.

I recently done my front and rear diamonds black it looks alot better.
Front diamond you have to take the bumper off to remove the diamond.

img0367b.jpg

Last edited:
cup spoiler???

I am going to purchase one when funds allow mate, concerned about drilling into my car though :worried:

Think I may leave the Renault Sport badge as it is then in silver as I don't want it debadged but I don't want to take off the letters and put them back on...

my mind will play tricks and tell me I have put them on slanted or something...

Really do not fancy taking off the bonnet, Think I am going to mask the car up heavily and do it on the car... will require more patience etc but I don't want to be taking the bumper on and off just to spray badges...

Yours looks good with the badges

Last edited:
I managed to take my front badge off without removing the bumper, it requires alot of patience and the willingness to have your hands and arms scratched to hell but it is doable, i thing its a T15 torx bit you need to undo the two screws behind it then it pulls off.

Black and carbon on a nimbus is always pure win mate! I always get jealous of nimbus its such an under rated colour. Also are you a member on saxp? I'm sure i saw something on there with the above PS.(I'm not a member on there was just browsing as im thinking of getting a track car :wink: )