Check your lower arm link bar(s) and Dog bone mount....

I'm afraid I tried the 'mister auto'' website but I can't find the right part. Am I doing something wrong or they've stopped doing them? All I can find is the ball joint and the link stabiliser. Any help appreciated. Thanks

bump. Any help here guys for getting this part cheap? Can't find it on mister auto...

Last edited:
So, I picked up my new car up and 8 days later it went back for a knocking noise, passenger side front.
1 week later they had fitted a top strut mount and a track rod end, still have the knocking noise, they continue to try and find it. Another 4 days go by and they still can't find a knocking noise. This thread comes up, so tell them the problem and give them the part numbers as supplied on the thread, in short parts are being fitted tomorrow, over 2 weeks later and i'm hoping this is the fault!! I want my car back!!

Right, after 3 weeks in the garage I bought the car from, they have finally fix the problem, no more knock!! Yay!! Turns out it was a shock absorber!! Bit of an odd one, but haven't had to pay anything and now have the car back, so went for a blast and the smile is back!!

Right, after 3 weeks in the garage I bought the car from, they have finally fix the problem, no more knock!! Yay!! Turns out it was a shock absorber!! Bit of an odd one, but haven't had to pay anything and now have the car back, so went for a blast and the smile is back!!

Front or rear?

I had mine replaced thinking it was the bushes and had the shocks done at same time, it wasn't that :worried:

Passenger side front!! And I'm not aware if it was leaking, the garage ended up changing the top strut mount, track rod end, anti rotation link, anti roll bar drop link and finally the shock absorber!!

Jumping on this thread. Had the car on the ramp today to have another look for the knocking noise, I had good shake on the lower arm link as suggested but I can't get any movement out of it. It looks like it's never been changed. The cars done 55k. Has anyone changed there's even though there is no movement by hand and cured the knocking?

will tell you shortly as i have no physical movement in mine but due to the fact my driver side rubber has disentegrated i am replacing both sides, i am not confident it will fix my knocking.

will tell you shortly as i have no physical movement in mine but due to the fact my driver side rubber has disentegrated i am replacing both sides, i am not confident it will fix my knocking.

My rubbers are the same, I'm not confident neither, I got a sneaky feeling it's to do with the front shock absorber. Would be interesting if it does cure your knocking.

Wahoooo finally no more knocking. Changed both lower arm links, parts from mister-auto £50 all in. My mechanic owed me a favour so done it free of charge. I was quite surprised because the old ones didn't seem that bad, very rusty and moved a lot more freely, just can't get my head round how much of a knock they were giving. Big thanks to the forum, I'm back in love with my Clio again

Check your lower arm link bar(s) and Dog bone mounts....Been trying to work out this clunk forever on my car. Could I find it? Anyway recently it got worse. Took to mates ramp, Dog bone mount need replacing, which I guessed cause could feel excessive moved in engine. (Incidentally, I've noticed two screw holes near to the donebone, am I missing a brace there?)

But no obvious play elsewhere. So I took it to an old bloke that I use to use but now retired, and found it straight away. Lower arm links. He commented on how clever the suspension set up was on these. The cars transformed!!!! I was like a big kid, driving round roundabouts 3 times.....cant tell you how much difference its made. Get them checked!!!

Have a clunk in the wheel when I do a three point turn, could this be the cause?

Wahoooo finally no more knocking. Changed both lower arm links, parts from mister-auto £50 all in. My mechanic owed me a favour so done it free of charge. I was quite surprised because the old ones didn't seem that bad, very rusty and moved a lot more freely, just can't get my head round how much of a knock they were giving. Big thanks to the forum, I'm back in love with my Clio again
Cool, glad it worked, should get mine changed this Wed :smile: