changing clocks from 197 to 200

So what do you need to do when changing clocks, is the mileage of your car stored on the ECU or the clocks? In other words if I fit some 200 clocks to my 197 will I need to take my car somewhere to have it sorted out?

Cheers

Plug new clocks in and have a Renault tech reconfigure the new clocks to take into account your car etc.

It'd be interesting to know the cost of this. I considered it so I could get the beep.

From the thread I read before, Luke said he had a friend who was going to do it for £30. Obviously Renault will charge a hell of a lot more than this.

It was me mate, I got a friend to do mine. I did try and approach Renault, but they told me to do one unless I brought a new set of dials from for around £600. Gave me some legal reason why they wouldn’t do it.

Not unless it was just my local Renault garage being awkward, doubt it was though as they have been good with everything else.

There’s not much to configure on them if they came out of a 200 Cup and go into a 197 Cup and vice versa. If you take them out of a Cup and put them in a FF, cruise control, speed limiter, keyless entry, ect all cease to work correctly.

Sorry mate, I’ve probably not explained it very well. I spent ages looking for mileage correction company’s but they all came across a bit to dodgy for me, as stupid as it may sound.

If you need any help just ask, il more than happily help you out the best I can.

Luke