Cam belt replacement

Previous owner informed the competition company i won the 197 from, that the cambelt, dephaser and water pump were changed within a couple of months before they bought the car from the previous owner. all of a sudden, he lost all paperwork and service history after the sale. decided i would get it all changed for piece of mind....good call going from the water pump and the cracked cambelt.IMG_20200925_101857.jpg

Lost paperwork/receipt or "nah my m8 did it for a 100 quid one weekend" = Cambelt not being changed for various reasons.

Only good thing is that it makes it easier to filter out cars when looking around to buy one, that have been run on a budget.

It's only going to get worse as these cars become cheaper, if the mouth breathers on faceache are anything to go by.

at least its getting done correctly, will be getting it in for service too within the next month or two. shame i can't track down any service history

Reactions: DS197
finally got around to collecting the car today after a very slight issue (not cambelt related). roads were a lot clearer so, got to open it up full revs......no idea why but, feels more responsive than before? also got the milltek exhaust pasted on the joints (whoever put the exhaust on, connected the sections bone dry without the exhaust paste. got more exhaust compression which makes it sound so much louder and pops & bangs a lot now. sorted the offside rear brake binding issue and also the handbrake cables changed. feels like a different car happy as a pig in s*!$

Reactions: DS197 and Addison