Bye 200, hello 265 Trophy (6/50)

Black headlights needed like Mentalpens!

Love it Steve, what a perfect upgrade.

Cheers Lee!

Yeah i'd like the xenons with black surround but not in a huge rush for them. Once i've got other bits sorted i may then look into it and see if they are much hassle to do

Cheers Lee!

Yeah i'd like the xenons with black surround but not in a huge rush for them. Once i've got other bits sorted i may then look into it and see if they are much hassle to do

I've also had my handles done black like they were meant to be and I'm considering having factory rear tints sorted.

Xenons are simple to fit although getting self levelling would be an issue I think but I've not explored it yet. In fact I'm yet to sort my second custom loom lol

I've also had my handles done black like they were meant to be and I'm considering having factory rear tints sorted.

Xenons are simple to fit although getting self levelling would be an issue I think but I've not explored it yet. In fact I'm yet to sort my second custom loom lol

How much the handles cost if you don't mind me asking? Rear tints are another thing I'd be interested in, but these smaller bits I'm not in too much rush to do

with the xenons don't you also need the Ecu programmed to recognise them or something?

i also want the drl kit, but seems complicated to fit

RUK paid for the handles as they should be OEM but due to the disaster in japan there was a supply problem so they fitted keyless ones.

Although the keyless function doesn't work.

Iirc they are less than £30 a handle tho.

I was advised against having the ecu reprogrammed by the tech, instead I'm just creating a custom loom for each side. I have done one and just need to find time to source a part to do the other.

I paid the dealer £20 to fit my DRL kit whilst they did a loom check under a recall.

My xenon loom

8aqete6u.jpg

RUK paid for the handles as they should be OEM but due to the disaster in japan there was a supply problem so they fitted keyless ones.

Although the keyless function doesn't work.

Iirc they are less than £30 a handle tho.

I was advised against having the ecu reprogrammed by the tech, instead I'm just creating a custom loom for each side. I have done one and just need to find time to source a part to do the other.

I paid the dealer £20 to fit my DRL kit whilst they did a loom check under a recall.

My xenon loom

8aqete6u.jpg

Thanks for the info!

so the drl kit I should be able to just order and a dealership fit it then and with the xenons its a case of fitting, doing the loom for each one and then that's it, they work perfect?

wonder if RUK would do my handles too then if they were supposed to be black

I guess it depends on the dealer with regards to the fitting but they make you sign a waver.

You don't need a custom loom like I have done provided you don't mind chopping the original one.

All it requires is the 12v wire and earth fitting with a anti flicker decoder and with an optional inline fuse.

I didn't want to so I'm making custom looms with those bits sat in the middle and connectors on the ends making them plug and play.

Not sure on the handles, I had a large area of the car re-sprayed ( as has yours :wink: ) and the bumper strip aligned ( as has yours :wink: ) so I got them changed at the same time.

PS yours was not involved in any accident, we had issues with none matching panels and had a long episode helped out by member smithandroper who sent the fuel filler cap off to France to have the paint analysed to get a proper match. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it depends on the dealer with regards to the fitting but they make you sign a waver.

You don't need a custom loom like I have done provided you don't mind chopping the original one.

All it requires is the 12v wire and earth fitting with a anti flicker decoder and with an optional inline fuse.

I didn't want to so I'm making custom looms with those bits sat in the middle and connectors on the ends making them plug and play.

Not sure on the handles, I had a large area of the car re-sprayed ( as has yours :wink: ) and the bumper strip aligned ( as has yours :wink: ) so I got them changed at the same time.

PS yours was not involved in any accident, we had issues with none matching panels and had a long episode helped out by member smithandroper who sent the fuel filler cap off to France to have the paint analysed to get a proper match. :smile:

Yeah, I don't really want to be chopping things so a custom loom would be the option I'd choose. So once that is fitted there shouldn't be any issues, should all work perfect?

may just leave the handles then as in silver it hatches the renault diamonds etc and I'm not too bothered about them. The drl and xenons I'd be interested to do but might with the ring trip and a remap wanted, they may have to wait for now. I'd have to see what I can dins to read online about it all too because sounds quite complicated with getting all parts for the loom etc

You just need the right person to crash to get the bits from or be willing to spend cash on working bits and then smash them up.

A lot of bodyshops have been funny with me as technically despite parts been in skips they are owned by insurance company's.

I'll try write up the loom mod but I've been busy with the website updates and beta testing a iPhone jailbreak tweak.

pydu3ete.jpg

Ta da £10 posted just need an anti flicker resistor and fuse soldered in. I only have one.

I also have a Xenon light for spares on the bay and I will be putting another on that has the corner of the lens broken this week both offside.

Ta da £10 posted just need an anti flicker resistor and fuse soldered in. I only have one.

I also have a Xenon light for spares on the bay and I will be putting another on that has the corner of the lens broken this week both offside.

Replied to your mail mate.

[MENTION=4600]Stevoox[/MENTION] i've just been looking round my 200 and the rear cluster and associated loom are the same plugs required (male and female).

So you can just go on ebay and buy a smashed cluster & ask them to cut the male plug off with some of the loom off one thats been broken up for spares :thumbup1:

Replied to your mail mate.

@Stevoox i've just been looking round my 200 and the rear cluster and associated loom are the same plugs required (male and female).

So you can just go on ebay and buy a smashed cluster & ask them to cut the male plug off with some of the loom off one thats been broken up for spares :thumbup1:

Nice one! As and when i decided to get the xenons ill have to have a good look into it all

Similar Thread Suggestions