Buying a Clio 197

It was really smart mate :thumbup1: Yea i do have the same username.

yes i do recognise your name now Bartlett, thanks. :001_smile:

@ wedge,

the clio is a great car to drive mate it just feels alot more grown up than the ST tbh.

dont get me wrong the ST is a great little car do drive, and boy you do have fun in them,

but the clio 197 different league, get yourself a test drive booked soon as mate. :001_tt1:

Yeah think im gonna. This is my 2nd Fez ST, really have enjoyed owning and driving them. Am just in a nice position now where its all paid and fancied something different. The only thing i find the fiesta is the ride being a bit harsh, how does a standard clio197 fare against it? Thanks again :smile:

Yeah think im gonna. This is my 2nd Fez ST, really have enjoyed owning and driving them. Am just in a nice position now where its all paid and fancied something different. The only thing i find the fiesta is the ride being a bit harsh, how does a standard clio197 fare against it? Thanks again :smile:

i have the cup chassis/suspension on mine which is slightly stiffer/lower and is still alot softer than the ST, but i did have mine lowered as well on the ST,

if you are on standard springs the clio will still feel alot better/softer tbh. :thumbup1:

just do it lol,

When I was after a 197 I was completely blanked by DS cars despite them being up the road from me. In the end I caught a train to Newcastle and picked up an absolutely mint 197 57 plate with 11,000 on the clock for £10,500. I was offered £11,250 in part ex against a 200 six weeks later. Shop around and be prepared to travel.

DS were really good to me when I was trying to find a 197, I didn't end up buying from them but the chap kept in contact the whole time I was looking to let me know what they had or were expecting in.

Their prices are very good too!

Hi Emz. Yeah iv'e been keeping an eye on ds cars, did you have a good experience buying from them? Don't see many 197's around, the only one iv'e seen in the last month was a red one in a kidderminster carpark a few weeks ago.

Yeah the guy was ok at DS. I don't think you'll ever find a completely good sales man. Only problems i had was he never told me the car only had 1 keycard until i paid and asked where it was, and his PX offer was awful. Sold privately in the end for £1500 more than he offered me.

Which car park did you see the Red 197 in Kidderminster? It could've been me. I have parked in the Weavers Wharf car park.

It was a fortnight ago tomorrow, was on the car park by the glades lesiure centre. Yeah, im thinking i most likely will trade in my ST, but really depends on the part-ex. Have kept an eye on the value with it seeming to have gone up, but so has every other car. When abouts did you get your 197? Cheers.