BSB 2017

Fascinating stuff on how much money/time/logistics goes into running a race team - even in a relatively 'small' championship like BSB. The team owners must have so much passion for the sport, and a will to compete no matter what. Yet it's so easy to dismiss the back of the grid teams, thinking 'why do they bother?'. Real commitment to keep it going year on year with little reward if you aren't competitive.

Fascinating stuff on how much money/time/logistics goes into running a race team - even in a relatively 'small' championship like BSB. The team owners must have so much passion for the sport, and a will to compete no matter what. Yet it's so easy to dismiss the back of the grid teams, thinking 'why do they bother?'. Real commitment to keep it going year on year with little reward if you aren't competitive.
Exactly Jimmy and if they were no bikes at the back of the grid there would be no racing.

BSB testing is limited for costs by the championship some official tests through BSB and Pirelli tyre test for road racing normally in Spain in Feb at 3 different circuits over a 2 week window then two in UK before championship start.

BSB testing is limited for costs by the championship some official tests through BSB and Pirelli tyre test for road racing normally in Spain in Feb at 3 different circuits over a 2 week window then two in UK before championship start.
Cheers, PBM were testing at Knockhill last year.

I'll be going to Oulton Park in September to see BSB there! Hopefully going for the three day weekend, really looking forward to it!
Will be going down in May to Oulton for the bank holiday race. Went last year and apart from the rain had a cracking day. Great track for spectators.

Reactions: Jimmy
Josh Brookes is back in BSB signing a 1 year deal with Anvil Hire Yamaha. We all know he can ride the R1 and I hope he can get the same support he got with SMR. This years line up is better than ever!

Reactions: ///M
So the season has started, usual suspects at the front. Luke Mossey could be one to watch this season. Sad to hear about Mick Whalley in the Ducati Cup race, RIP mate.

As I said above young Luke Mossey could be the man this year, right team, right bike. I do like James Ellison but he does seem to bin it when leading quite a lot.

As I said above young Luke Mossey could be the man this year, right team, right bike. I do like James Ellison but he does seem to bin it when leading quite a lot.

Good races, enjoyed it all a lot. Mossey was fantastic and seemed well on top of it. He seems so much more switched on now. A couple of big crashes throughout the day. Glad everyone was ok.

Reactions: LOCKE
Heading down to Oulton on Monday, went down last year and really loved the circuit. 4 hour drive from Glasgow but well worth it, just hope it stays dry.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Heading down to Oulton on Monday, went down last year and really loved the circuit. 4 hour drive from Glasgow but well worth it, just hope it stays dry.

Grew up near Oulton. Been more times than I can remember and it's where I gained my love of motorsport.

One of the best tracks in the UK for sure.

Have a great day Colin. Are you taking the Clio or going on the bike?

Grew up near Oulton. Been more times than I can remember and it's where I gained my love of motorsport.

One of the best tracks in the UK for sure.

Have a great day Colin. Are you taking the Clio or going on the bike?
Too far on a sportsbike Mes, took the 182 (too many miles for the R27! :wink:), got 39.3 MPG which is a bloody miracle. Took my son for company, he slept all the way down and all the way back up! :tearsofjoy: Great venue, great racing and plenty of nice cars in the car park - lots of Nissan GTRs, RS Focus's, M2s, M4s, Bentleys, Porsches and the icing on the cake a Maclaren 570S! Left at 5am and back for 10pm. Next round Knockhill so only a 40 min journey.

Too far on a sportsbike Mes, took the 182 (too many miles for the R27! :wink:), got 39.3 MPG which is a bloody miracle. Took my son for company, he slept all the way down and all the way back up! :tearsofjoy: Great venue, great racing and plenty of nice cars in the car park - lots of Nissan GTRs, RS Focus's, M2s, M4s, Bentleys, Porsches and the icing on the cake a Maclaren 570S! Left at 5am and back for 10pm. Next round Knockhill so only a 40 min journey.

Thought of you today while watching on TV.

Bet you had a great day :smile:

Reactions: LOCKE
2nd time at Oulton Shuv, really like it, the surroundings are very picturesque. Never saw the Ellison and Haslam incident so will need to watch the highlights. Only rained for a bit in the morning then turned out really nice.

2nd time at Oulton Shuv, really like it, the surroundings are very picturesque. Never saw the Ellison and Haslam incident so will need to watch the highlights. Only rained for a bit in the morning then turned out really nice.

Horrid incident Colin. Presume Haslam is totally ok and was just winded and shocked....

Weather looked chilly and some wind (Like here today), but a bit of Spring sunshine about and could have been alot worse from what some of the Country had today.

And lol at your son. I love passengers like that........ :smile:

Horrid incident Colin. Presume Haslam is totally ok and was just winded and shocked....

Weather looked chilly and some wind (Like here today), but a bit of Spring sunshine about and could have been alot worse from what some of the Country had today.

And lol at your son. I love passengers like that........ :smile:
Yeah they said he was ok, apperently something went wrong with Ellison's bike that caused it to lose power and Hasam had nowhere to go.

Glad you had a fun day mate. Forgot about the 182! Was thinking either he's a brave man on the bike or my god he's putting miles on the R27!

:smiley:

What a great event. Glad Leon was ok, that was a really nasty one. Cool to see Ellison running over to check he was ok. Did you see the Laverty crash? INSANE footage!!! Fantastic battles behind the leading group in both races. Really great to watch.

I always enjoy a wander around the car park at a motorsport event too!

Was that a Abi blue 182 leaving Oulton about 8pm behind me when I was heading to Liverpool ferry I had poor internet a the circuit if I had of known there was a few of you there I could have got you in the garage or some tea or coffee. We didn't have a fantastic weekend but lets hope the NW200 will be better.

Similar Thread Suggestions