brembo discs/pads.....what is a good price??

Got a phone call today from renault. After my service I was informed my rear pads where on the metal and my front pads had 'broken up'. But today they informed me that all my discs where 'lipped' and needed to be changed too! Expensive month it seems!

So i Need front and rear pads and discs! :worried:

What does lipped discs mean anyway? lol

What is a good price for these before i go and buy em. Stealers wanna charge just under £700 for the lot fitted which i dont wanna pay.

I have found these which are a upgraded Brembo high carbon disc which I think is a good price £94.99... what you guys think?

http://www.auto-nation.co.uk/cart/home.php?cat=281

Also I was thinking ofgetting the Ferrodo DS pads front and rear as therenault ones seemed pretty poor really (breaking up and creating a juddering sensation when i braked).

Found these DS pads for £92.83 fronts and £52.88 rears....this good? or can they be found cheaper?

And finally... where can i find rear discs (brembo standard units or uprated) cheap as I cant find them a a good price atm.

I really cant afford this cost right now but it has to be done. Any help will be much appreciated guys

I'm not too sure if Brembo high carbon discs are an "upgrade" I've read on a couple of sites that the renault discs are high carbon ones.

"lipped" ha - ask them to measure disc thickness - this gives you how much is left of the disc

becareful its an easy money maker for delaers just throwing on new discs and pads

most discs have stamped on them maximum and minimum thickness

stick to standard for rears

should be able to change all the lot for less than £700 !!!!!

shame your not nearer me i could have saved you some money

"lipped" ha - ask them to measure disc thickness - this gives you how much is left of the disc

becareful its an easy money maker for delaers just throwing on new discs and pads

most discs have stamped on them maximum and minimum thickness

stick to standard for rears

should be able to change all the lot for less than £700 !!!!!

shame your not nearer me i could have saved you some money

I got the measurements and they seemed quite lowto me:

Front discs: 27.3 (min 26)
Rear discs: 9.8 (min 9.5)

Looking like it will cost me about £450 just for parts if I buy em myself atm so will prob end up costing me around £650-ish once fitted anyway so the dealers price aint lookin too bad now :worried:

27.3 on the fronts, that means they're about 35% worn, which aint much. The original thickness of the discs is 28mm

On price, you should be able to get Genuine renault - front discs for £115, rears for £160, front pads for £80 and rears for £35.

Sounds like you just could do with new pads.
They not even be that bad.

I got the measurements and they seemed quite lowto me:

Front discs: 27.3 (min 26)
Rear discs: 9.8 (min 9.5)

Looking like it will cost me about £450 just for parts if I buy em myself atm so will prob end up costing me around £650-ish once fitted anyway so the dealers price aint lookin too bad now :worried:

i wouldnt replace discs at that to be honest - just new pads !

27.3 on the fronts, that means they're about 35% worn, which aint much. The original thickness of the discs is 28mm

On price, you should be able to get Genuine renault - front discs for £115, rears for £160, front pads for £80 and rears for £35.

Ya I may leave the front discs tbh. Checked them last night and the rear discs are bad cant believe I havent noticed sooner, but the fronts seem brand new.

Getting new ferrodo front pads, and standard renault discs and pads for the rear :smile:

Oh and thanks fox speed for that link. Yes I had seen it last week and im probably going to get the rear discs and pads from this site. Thanks mate :smile: