brembo discs and pads

No 200 mm isnt going to make a difference in 3000 mm of brake line get them custom made from HEL mate

Raptor and All,

many thanks for the pictures, appreciated!
my plan to change the brake lines to Goodridge and the fluid to Motul (dot 5.1) and the pads also, question is to which pad go for? Ferrodo? Pagid RS5? will check it...

But the biggest investment will be the tyres....ghos I killed them....they got melted, especially in August, but at 10th of Oct, my front left just finished, its shoulder is done...
which tyres would you recommend, street legal, aprat from Toyo R888?

cheers,

Tyres depend on budget mate 180 a corner for mich ps3's, contis are good but wear quickly.

LOL that people find the standard pads naff, I know loads of people that do a lot of track time on standard setup. One friend in particular has done more track miles than road, he's a flippin good driver and has no problems.

ours is on std and I'm a hard/late breaker and after years they are still great

Raptor and All,

many thanks for the pictures, appreciated!
my plan to change the brake lines to Goodridge and the fluid to Motul (dot 5.1) and the pads also, question is to which pad go for? Ferrodo? Pagid RS5? will check it...

But the biggest investment will be the tyres....ghos I killed them....they got melted, especially in August, but at 10th of Oct, my front left just finished, its shoulder is done...
which tyres would you recommend, street legal, aprat from Toyo R888?

cheers,

Motul RBF 600 is dot4, it performs better than most dot5.1 in both wet and dry conditions

As for the tyres I'd stick to the contis or try Hankook, Vredestein

LOL that people find the standard pads naff, I know loads of people that do a lot of track time on standard setup. One friend in particular has done more track miles than road, he's a flippin good driver and has no problems.

ours is on std and I'm a hard/late breaker and after years they are still great

I can't speak for others but I found the standard pads to be less effective than DS2500 with the AP bells and rotors. The only problem I had was them glazing over now and again and the stoping distance being greater.

I'm basing it on a big stop at my local track which is from 110-40 and the consitencey of the pad over a 15-20mins session.

They are by no means naff.

Last edited:
Guys,

in the meantime I received and installed the Goodridge brake-lines. Was a bit surprised that the box contained only 2 brake-lines to the front....was I screwed up already?
is it worth to buy them for the back, pls?

I changed the brake pads to OEM brembo and noticed that on the back pads are written TEXTAR but brembo sign is also there....
did I miss something? or TEXTAR produces OEM pads for brembo?

Guys,

in the meantime I received and installed the Goodridge brake-lines. Was a bit surprised that the box contained only 2 brake-lines to the front....was I screwed up already?
is it worth to buy them for the back, pls?

I changed the brake pads to OEM brembo and noticed that on the back pads are written TEXTAR but brembo sign is also there....
did I miss something? or TEXTAR produces OEM pads for brembo?

The HEL set I have just had fitted came with 4x lines.

My oem pads were stamped with brembo and had ferodo on them too. These were purchased from Renault.