Brake problem

Was driving yesterday and i seem to hav developed a scary and dengerous brake problem. for the past few weeks my brakes have been feeling squishy and as if they are not bedding in properly. Yesterday i was giving it a bit of whelly and when i went to brake it felt like the car was aquaplanning it would stop ( **** myself big time). The pads are ok but the car just doesnt fell like its stopping at all any ideas guys

its in on tuesday for the gearbox so ill get them to look at it. not had any work done on them at all. pooped my pants so bad yesterday when it would stop it was seriously like hitting a puddle and just aquaplanning

going to say at speed it could have been ABS working
how long you been out in it when it happened
take a while to warm up dont forget

take it i just take the lines of the caliper and let the brake fluid empty out for that. what kinda brake fluid sould i replace it with

wouldnt have a clue mate have mine done in a garage
would get expert advise first

Whatever you do, don't drain the fluid by disconnecting the lines, this will put air in the abs pump which is the last thing you want.

You need to force new fluid through or suck the old fluid out whilst pouring in new. If you don't know what you're doing with this get a garage to do it.

I found the standard pads pretty poor, especially when stopping from speed. I'd suggest you try cleaning them up first (Look at the how to on the forum) and if they still feel poor upgrading the pads

The brakes have been know to seize on the rear and the pads tend to get rubbish if they're not used hard for a while. You need to do some fast stops before doing any heavy braking that is life or death! Lol! Other things to check are if the pads still have plenty of friction material left on them and the amount of fluid in the system. Do they feel spongy?

At at the car just now and it seems i hav no brake fluid but i did two weeks ago thinks me has found the problem i must hv a leak in my system