Brake Problem?

Had a bit of an issue last night and it brought me to the conclusion that my brakes just aren't right... Made a topic not long back on here about them making a scraping noise when i first set off and i took it to Kwikfit and they said theres nothing wrong withn them and said they just gave them bit of a clean. But i bet they didnt even look at them, good job i didnt have to pay anything. So last night, had to slow down quickly from doing around 70mph and it felt like my brakes wasnt going to work and it scared the crap out of me. Plus with them being Brembo i expect more from them. My last car was a c2 vts and the brakes on that were unbelievably sharp.
Will i need new pads? Ive checked the discs and they look fine, hardly any lip on them

Ye im taking it in to my mechanic next friday. Reason i took it to kwikfit is so i can get it in straight away, my mechanic is booked up a lot

Have you stripped the callipers down ie pins out then pads out. The pads have a tendency to corrode and seize into the calliper. Very common problem.

No mate i wouldnt try messing with these things myself. That could possibly be the problem though, cause the bloke at the dealer i bought the car off said it had been standing for a while

Yeah this is pretty certain what has happened. When mine had been sorted they doubled in braking performance. Try getting some of mr pinks uprrated pins on here. Makes it far easier for the mechanic get out next time, reducing labour costs and a smashed up calliper. Where are you based btw?

It doesn't matter if they say Brembo on them, they could have £15 pads inside them.

They do stick to the disc when cold, this is what can cause that noise.

If I were you, have them stripped and cleaned, then inspect the pads (and get a garage to do it).

Last edited:
So im going to need new discs and pads all around. Mechanic showed me while car was on ramp and the rear discs are all scawed on inside and the pads are thin and the front discs have got all rust on the inside so the pads obviously arent doing their job. That solves it then, knew there was something wrong. any other rookies on ere, steer away from Kwik****

its what happens when the brakes aren't service regulalrly!!!

forum is full of the same issues on brakes....without fail a yearly strip/clean/lube will save you a fortune!