best tyres to get.

\For handling i would want to stick with the 215 to reduce tire movement a slightly stretched Tyre works better

Thats why I went for xtra load and a higher speed rating. The car will do more miles on the road than track so it won't ever reach the limit where you would notice any difference in flex. Besides the flex will be less than the hankooks they are replacing and with slightly more rubber on the road I get better stopping power..

Its swings and roundabouts really. One size isn't going to make that much difference unless your name is Mark Webber

N.b.. Not dissing Hankooks, I love em, just wanted to try these 595's

*Update* Prodrive recommend and fit 225's as standard to their 7.5j rims, if its good enough for them, then its enough for me... Nuff said :wink:

Last edited:
I've got Michelin pilot exaltos, the wear rate on them is really good, and the grip is unbelievable on them, I love them!

Thats why I went for xtra load and a higher speed rating. The car will do more miles on the road than track so it won't ever reach the limit where you would notice any difference in flex. Besides the flex will be less than the hankooks they are replacing and with slightly more rubber on the road I get better stopping power..

Its swings and roundabouts really. One size isn't going to make that much difference unless your name is Mark Webber

N.b.. Not dissing Hankooks, I love em, just wanted to try these 595's

*Update* Prodrive recommend and fit 225's as standard to their 7.5j rims, if its good enough for them, then its enough for me... Nuff said :wink:

Xtra load generally requires you to run the pressures much higher than a regular load tyre of the same or similar load rating . Its deceiving, but running them at 35psi will actually reduce the load rating below what is reccommended by the manufacturer

\For handling i would want to stick with the 215 to reduce tire movement a slightly stretched Tyre works better

you could argue that a stretched tyre will roll over more under hard cornering and cause understeer

whereas a slighty wider tyre the increase in width will stop this...

I ordered a full set of Federal 225/45/17 595 RS-R today from mytyres.co.uk http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=35105829.110.10711&typ=R-185418&ranzahl=4&Breite=225&Herst=Federal&Quer=45&Felge=17&Speed=W&weiter=0&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=15&Transport=P&F_F=1&dsco=110&sowigan=So

I phoned to check they had stock first and have paid a total of £408 for 4 tyres fitted, they should be with the fitter by Thursday. :thumbsup:

How come your changing from the Hankooks Angel?

you could argue that a stretched tyre will roll over more under hard cornering and cause understeer

whereas a slighty wider tyre the increase in width will stop this...

You could but it would not be much of an argument

How come your changing from the Hankooks Angel?

I just fancied some sticky trackday tyres for the summer mate, I will go back to the hankooks come winter time as they are a great tyre, I highly rate them especially in the wet.

Similar Thread Suggestions