best tyre

I'd go for continental sport contact 5, everything the SC3 was but better according to reviews.

Or if you really wanted to splash out michelin pilot exalto should be great, I had them on my old car and loved them, would be fairly sure they're better than the continentals in the wet

I'm a massive fan of the Falken Fk452's. Had them on my Focus ST. Very well priced and where brilliant in the crap snowy weather we had last year.
I've had contis on the focus and I'll admit, they where very very good but oh my days the tire roar was shocking.

I'v got the v-12's on mine, used them at a track day the other weeks as well, spot on for £70 a tyre. I personally don't think the conti's are that much better considering the price difference. Thats just me though, couldn't give a sheet about brand names.

Been driving round on the v12s for a while now and they aren't quite as sharp as the conti's. But for the price, they are great. Good in the wet.

My mate has just put a set of neuton nt5000 on his 197. They are a new budget tyre made by yokohama i was told and are excellent all round!
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Neuton/NT5000.htm
they are on Ebay 2 for 115 and 4 for 230
im going to order a set the weekend, ive driven my mates in the wet and there was definatly more grip than my conti's and they are half the price !
has anyone heard of these?

Just ordered some CS3's (225x45x17) for mine. £110 each. Didnt think that was a bad price.
I like the CS3, not had any issues with them.

I am running CS5 atm, awesome piece of rubber, too good for the noncupped clio tbh, the little less grip the CS3 provided made the car a little more fun to drive... now its like a train really, need to go much faster in my slide bends to get the rear end working properly :smile:

apparently the nexens are made by toyo

I had 2 new on my meg when I got it, they were absolutely dire, little grip in either the dry or wet, changed them for vred ultras which are much better holds fantastic through the corners, they feel better than the sc3s I've got on the back

I'm rocking pilot exaltos and they are brilliant, in the wet they are amazing, so much grip I got them fitted for 125 a piece.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
littleg78 Wheels and Tyres 16
D Wheels and Tyres 5
H Wheels and Tyres 7
jamesgw200 Wheels and Tyres 62
1 Wheels and Tyres 17