Best tyre for 197

I posted this on Cliosport.net

Looking to buy tyres this weekend for the 197.
Going down the 225/45/17 route as they are cheaper than the 215/45/17

There is alot of 197/200 users using 225/45/17 tyres.
So I have narrowed it down to a couple of tyres but really unsure what would be the best and the Pro's & Con's of them

225/45/17 - Mich Pilot Sport 4 - Can get 4 of them delivered for £285 so far.

225/45/17 - Uniroyal Rainsport 5's - Can get them delivered for £240 so far

225/45/17 - Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 2 K120 - Can get them delivered for £256 so far

I have had the Hankooks on the Trophy and the Audi A3 and really liked them, I now have the Uniroyal Rainsport 3's on the Trophy but as the Trophy does not get used I cant really comment on them for day to day driving.
The Uniroyal Rainsport 5's are new out and meant to be decent and last alot longer than the 3's, I know that these are very good in the wet but wear very quickly!!

Everyone bangs on about the Pilot Sport 4's and says they are the bee's knee's and stuff. I thought about Yokohama Advan AD08RS's but as its a day to day car and I have been told that they are rubbish in the cold and not that good in the cold and wet.

My head is actually bursting with all the Pro's and Con's of all these tyres choices.

People of Cliosport help a old Scottish grumpy bas**rd out please !!

I’ve tried Yokos Rainsports and PS4’s not hankooks.
When my current set of PS4’s run out I will be buying another set.

Just bought the 225/45/17 - Mich Pilot Sport 4's so lets see how they go.

Getting them fitted tomorrow so will give feedback soon enough.

Reactions: Frank Perry
For anybody that is interested, you can pick up 4 x Michelin PS4's delivered for £308.72.

Here

Add to basket, make sure you pay with Paypal using a credit/debit card and use code PAYDAYJAN for 20% off.

I would love to grab some as I am super desperate for some proper tyres but I'm literally just buying a house so funds do not permit me to take advantage of such a deal! Maybe next time :>

Similar Thread Suggestions